New vegan options are popping up at Memphis restaurants all over the city these days! Just yesterday, I blogged about the new vegan scrambles at Brother Juniper’s, and tonight, I’m highlighting even more vegan options on the menu at Midtown Crossing Grill — my neighborhood pizza joint/ sandwich shop/watering hole.
Midtown Crossing released their new menu last week, and there are a few new vegan options added, including VEGAN NACHOS!!
Paul and I stopped in last night so I could give them a try. Plus, Monday night is $3 draft night so we love to go there for beers on Mondays. The vegan nachos are covered in a made-in-house vegan queso made from almonds and potatoes. It’s creamy and delicious and made from whole foods! Also atop the corn chips are black beans, corn, tomatoes, scallions, and a generous scoop of guac. Perfection.
Here’s the new dinner menu. I love that vegan options are now clearly marked in green. Other new items include a Hummus Platter with roasted, pickled eggplant, kalamata olives, and sliced flatbread and Spring Rolls!
To be clear, there were spring rolls on the old menu, but there was just one variety. Now, the kitchen will prep ingredients for different kinds of spring rolls every day, so you might get smoked tofu one day and peach pecan the next. It’s a surprise! But they’ll always be vegan.
Of course, the Bianca Banh Mi (named after yours truly!!) is still on the menu. Midtown Crossing owner Octavia named this delicious tofu banh mi after me because I wouldn’t stop bugging her about vegan options when she first opened a few years back.
I didn’t get a picture of the new pizza menu, but there’s a new Herbivore Pizza that’s loaded with veggies. It comes with dairy cheese by default, but Midtown Crossing always has vegan mozzarella on hand to make any pizza vegan. You can also sub vegan cheese to make the potato skins vegan (like these!!).
And don’t forget about brunch! Midtown Crossing has an awesome weekend brunch with tofu scramble (served in a cast iron) and vegan biscuits & gravy. It’s not new, but it’s amazing and you should go!
- Residual delays remain after Outerbridge Crossing closure; MTA buses affected June 19, 2019STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Many MTA express buses that Staten Islanders ride are delayed for the Wednesday morning rush hour. Traffic snarls created by a […]
- Major traffic delays on N.J. Turnpike, Parkway from crash on Outerbridge Crossing June 19, 2019A crash on the Outerbridge Crossing is causing major traffic delays in New Jersey on Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike, Route 440 and Route 9 […]
- Outerbridge Crossing Staten Island-bound closed on Wednesday morning June 19, 2019STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The Outerbridge Crossing to Staten Island is closed due to a crash on Wednesday morning, according to Notify New York. Drivers […]
- Tri-Rail hits pickup truck on crossing, driver goes to hospital June 18, 2019A Tri-Rail train hit the back end of a pickup, sending the truck driver to the hospital late Tuesday afternoon, officials said. The driver’s injuries […]
- 'Give turtles a brake': DNR asks drivers to watch out for crossing turtles June 18, 2019(FOX 9) - Citing an increase in broken turtle shells, wildlife officials are reminding drivers to watch out for turtles crossing the road. The Minneso […]