Today's what I eat in a day is going to be a little different. Instead of what I eat in a day, it's what my dogs eat, and they eat like Youtubers (I have no idea where they get that from🤷♀️) I thought it would be a fun challenge to see if I could re-create some of the Youtube & Instagram communities favourite meals for my dogs.
If you follow me on social media you know my dogs are my entire world! So my dogs ate like Youtubers for a day because they deserve it! They are also vegan and all the recipes involved are vegan-friendly dog recipes. 🌱
BUY MY COOKBOOK:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE EDGY VEG HERE:
I've been doing Youtube for a long time so I know how these "what I eat in a day" videos go. They all essentially involve a smoothie, energy balls, power bowls and a latte of some sort. So I came up with a couple dog safe human recipes so they could live their best lives as Youtube Stars! 😎✨
Is it weird that my dogs eat better than me on most days? 😅
All of these dog approved recipes are safe for dogs and can turn your regular dog into a Youtube star instantly!
Dog-Friendly Pumpkin Spice Latte:
2 cup coconut milk + more as needed to make the consistency you want
1 cup pumpkin puree
Coconut whipped cream topping, optional
Add all ingredients into a blender and warm slightly over the stove over low-medium heat or in the blender (if you have a Vitamix).
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 1/2-2 cups instant oats
Line a plate or baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Place coconut oil and pumpkin puree into a food processor and blend until combined
Add oats 1/2 cup at a time , pulsing until the oats are coated completely.
Using your hands roll the mixture into little balls, about a tbsp in size and place them on the lined-tray.
Place them in the fridge for one hour or until they are hardened.
Brown Rice Power Bowl:
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 sweet potato, chopped
1 cup frozen peas, canned or frozen
3 cups baby spinach, chopped
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
Add carrots and sweet potato and cook until they are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in spinach, peas, brown rice, and nutritional yeast and cook until the mixture is heated through and the spinach has wilted. Add water as necessary. Allow it to cool completely before serving to your pup.
Dog-Friendly Green Smoothie Bowls:
1 banana, sliced
1 handful spinach
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (make sure there is no xylitol)
2 cups unsweetened plain coconut yogurt
Water as needed for consistency
Flaked or shaved unsweetened coconut
Your dogs kibble
Add all the ingredients to a blender and pour into a bowl. Now you can top the smoothie with sliced bananas, shredded coconut, frozen blueberries and your dogs kibble.
Connect with me on the interwebs here:
Follow me on Instagram: (@edgyveg)
Follow my personal Instagram: … (@candice_Hutchings)
Visit my Blog:
Like me on Facebook:
Follow me on Twitter: (@edgyveg)
Produced & Directed by: Anthony Deluca
Shot & edited by: Eric Tam
Social Support by: Ryan Thomas Woods
Concept & Recipes by: Candice Hutchings
#VeganDogs #WhatIEatInADay #TheEdgyVeg
- UA students vie to 'change public perceptions of the hot dog' March 23, 2019Convincing the public that hot dogs are healthy could put University ... students to create ads to address a real-world marketing challenge. Past cont […]
- ‘Best Friends’ Cat And Dog Up For Adoption Together Through MSPCA March 22, 2019Now the challenge is to find a special family with ... Kitty and Leila are inseparable (Photo Courtesy: MSPCA) It’s very unusual for a dog and a cat t […]
- Challenge issued to keep Okanagan Rail Trail free of dog poop March 22, 2019It’s that time of year again: dog poop season. Now that the snow has melted, angry Lake Country residents have taken to Facebook to post their disgust […]
- 10 Essential Dog Products for National Puppy Day March 22, 2019It’s pH balanced, tear-free, and perfect for sensitive skin. Aikiou, Chewy Challenge your dog’s mind while keeping their body trim with an interactive […]
- More dog food recalled over reported toxic vitamin D levels March 21, 2019Dog food company Hill’s Pet Nutrition announced it is expanding ... their pet may have been affected,” according to a Hill’s press release. To combat […]