The Muttaikose/Cabbage Poriyal Recipe is a very traditional South Indian dry vegetable made from cabbage. Muttaikose Poriyal is made by power cooking cabbage with a very simple seasoning of mustard seeds, curry leaves, salt and freshly grated coconut. It takes very less time to make and is an amazing side dish which can be had along with any south Indian Meal.
Cabbage is really good for you as it is high in fiber and helps keep your digestive health in good shape.
At home we simply love the fresh flavors of the vegetable when we add the least amount of spices.
More poriyal recipes from South Indian cuisine are given below
- Mee McCormick's Honey Cranberry Red Cabbage Slaw June 24, 2019Hydrate the cranberries by placing them in a small bowl of warm water. Let them soak for 10 minutes then drain. In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice […]
- 160 Cabbage Tree Lane, Mount Pleasant NSW 2519 June 23, 2019Est. repayment Can I afford this property? First listed on 23 June, this house has been on Domain for 1 day (last updated on 23 June). It was last sol […]
- Hurrah, you can now get summer sandals that look like cabbage leaves June 21, 2019If you’ve ever stood in a supermarket and thought, I bet that cabbage would make an excellent design for a shoe, you’re too late. Coddies, the self-pr […]
- Coddies Launch Cabbage Style Footwear Line June 20, 2019(MENAFN - GetNews) AlternativeFootwear Retailer, Coddies, Launches a New Design to Their Highly Popular Range. London, UK -Coddies.com , the leading r […]
- Menu planner: Korean beef-and-cabbage stew tops this week’s appetizing recipes June 18, 2019Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Add beef; cook, turning once, until well-browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to 4-quart or larger s […]