- 16,000-Square Foot Plant-Based Food Innovation Lab Opens in North Carolina November 18, 2019This month, the The NC Food Innovation Lab (NCFIL) officially opened in North Carolina as a 16,000-square foot research and development facility focused entirely on plant-based foods. The facility will support a variety of companies—from established multinational brands to startups to equipment manufacturers—in their endeavors to develop plant-based products in North Carolina, a state where […]
- Ohio’s Dayton Mall Gets Its First Vegan Restaurant November 18, 2019Vegan restaurant That’s Soul Vegan recently opened in the food court of the Dayton Mall in Dayton, OH. Taking over the former space of Taco Bell, the new vendor is the first and only vegan eatery in the shopping mall. Owned by Ashaki Daugherty and Jose Estremera, That’s Soul Vegan offers a diverse menu of […]
- Report: Meat Companies Are Officially the World’s Biggest Water Polluters November 18, 2019The meat industry poses one of the most significant threats to our global water supply, according to a new report by sustainability nonprofit organization Ceres. The 2019 edition of the benchmarking report Feeding Ourselves Thirsty takes a close look at how 40 of the largest food companies manage water risk in their operations and global […]
- Dirt Candy Owner Opens ‘Made-From-Scratch’ Veggie Burger Shop in NYC November 17, 2019On November 19, new vegan shop Lekka Burger will open in the Tribeca neighborhood in New York City. The new burger shop—founded by Amanda Cohen (owner of vegetarian fine-dining restaurant Dirt Candy) and South African-born humanitarian Andrea Kerzner—will focus on made-from-scratch veggie burgers inspired by global flavors. “There’s definitely room for the Impossible and Beyond […]
- You Can Now Order Two Pounds of Vegan Mac and Cheese for the Holidays November 16, 2019In time for the holidays, chef Ayinde Howell recently made his popular Mac & Yease (vegan mac and cheese) available for nationwide delivery. A two-pound family pack costs $19.99 plus shipping and can be ordered online for delivery or ordered from Whole Foods Markets in the Southern Pacific region for pick-up. Howell—the former personal chef […]
- 90 Percent of Plant-Based Food Consumers Are Not Vegan or Vegetarian November 16, 2019The majority of consumers (90 percent) that purchase plant-based alternatives to meat and dairy are not vegetarian or vegan, according to a new report published by market research firm The NPD group. The report found that millennials born between 1981 and 1986 are the top consumers of plant-based alternatives to traditional animal-derived products. Generation Xers […]
- Wu-Tang’s RZA to Joe Rogan: “No Animal Needs to Die for Me to Live” November 15, 2019RZA, a founding member of iconic music group Wu-Tang Clan, appeared on a recent episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast to speak frankly about his vegan lifestyle. A long time vegan, RZA appeared on the podcast alongside comedian Donnell Rawlings where, along with host Joe Rogan, the trio discussed the reasoning behind adopting a […]
Looking for an easy skillet dinner for your Whole30 (or anytime) with gourmet flair? *Get the full recipe here!
This week we’re making Whole30 headmistress Melissa Hartwig-Urban’s go-to meal: Ground meat, with stuff, over stuff. Hey, it’s a great meal idea, and the way I cook at home often, too.
But, this isn’t bland or boring (if you’re just discovering Mesa de Vida because of your September Whole30, or otherwise, you’ll realize nothing around here is bland or boring! Our motto is #LiveDelicious, after all!)
Our North African Cooking & Seasoning sauce transforms this simple meal into a global gourmet Moroccan Beef & Veggie Skillet recipe that is perfect for any night of the week. It’s even fancy enough to serve to your guests at a casual dinner party!
Mesa de Vida helps you create a restaurant-quality meal in minutes, even when you have limited ingredients on hand.
Whether you’re fridge-foraging, or menu planning for the week, Mesa de Vida makes it easy to transform a simple skillet saute into a global gourmet meal the entire family will love!
The ultimate pantry staple that transforms simple ingredients into gourmet meals!
Take at least 15 ingredients off of your shopping list and just pop the top on the jar of Mesa de Vida instead! You’ll be adding chef-blended vegetables, fruit, spices and herbs without any extra work. It’s like having a sous chef do most of the prep for you!
I hope you love this recipe, and if you give it a try, make sure you tag us on social media to show us your creation! We’d love to feature you!
In case you missed it, you can now get Mesa de Vida Healthy Global Gourmet Cooking & Seasoning Sauces at a Whole Foods Market near you!
#Whole30Recipes #Whole30Approved #MakeItWithMesadeVida