Moong Dal Idli Recipe is super simple to make. Most people try making idlis at home but sometimes it fails.The result is hard idilis which do not fluff up. This could be because the batter does not ferment properly or the proportions of the ingredients are wrong.
You cannot go wrong with Moong Dal Idli because the proportion is equal parts of rice and equal part of moong dal with a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds. So simple right! The result is a perfect fermented batter which when steamed makes appetizing soft idilis that you cannot resist.
Fermented food is healthier for you as the fermentation process breaks down the starches present in the batter so that they are more readily metabolized by the body. Moong dal idlis are low in calories and protein packed and hence makes a healthy breakfast.
Try some of our other Idli Recipes:
- Pumpkin sweet idli – Recipe June 15, 2019Mangalorean Style Cheenikayi kadubu Recipe (Pumpkin sweet idli Recipe) is a traditional, squash steamed rice cakes. The pumpkin is cooked and smashed, […]
- DMK man arrested for abusing writer Jeyamohan over spat on spoilt idli batter June 15, 2019A grocery store owner from Tamil Nadu’s Kanyakumari district has been arrested for assaulting Tamil and Malayalam author Jeyamohan for a dispute over […]
- 7 Best Heart-Healthy Breakfast Recipes: From Oats Idli, Almond Poha, Broccoli Chaat, Flaxseed Smoothie & More. June 14, 2019Heart-Healthy Breakfast Recipes: We've got a range of heart-healthy breakfast recipes for you to prepare at home and get your fuel for the day. F […]
- Love Mangoes? Try This Quick Mango Idli Recipe Without Delay June 7, 2019Mango season is underway and markets are filled with a variety of mangoes. The king of fruits is an all-time favourite with people waiting for mango s […]
- Mumbai Idli Vendor Uses Toilet Water to Prepare Food, FDA Launches Probe – Watch Viral Video June 1, 2019A Mumbai street food vendor’s video has been widely shared on social media where he can be seen using tap water from Borivali Railway Station toilet t […]