Do O Kalai Recipe is a simple yet delicious chicken curry from Garo and Khasi mountainous regions of Meghalaya. The cooking here is very healthy using minimal spices and oil. The chicken is usually cooked along with its skin to impart taste to the dish.
Do O Kalai is a lip smacking combination of chicken with lentils made in this pahari style and is something you must try in your kitchen. It is a wholesome curry full of protein and goes well with both rice or roti.
Here are a few more North East Recipes that you can also try
- Phoenix man sentenced to prison for threats made to Harvard black commencement July 18, 2019A federal judge sentenced Nicholas Zuckerman to a year and three months behind bars and three years of probation. (Photo: Getty Images) A Phoenix man […]
- Black family says they were racially profiled at Nike store, accused of stealing $12 basketball July 18, 2019A black family in California said they were racially profiled at a Nike store in Santa Monica when a white manager accused them of stealing a $12 bask […]
- Topher Grace on ‘Black Mirror’ and his ‘nerdy’ hobby July 18, 2019Actor Topher Grace stops by the 3rd hour of TODAY to talk about playing the mastermind behind a sinister social media company in the sci-fi series “Bl […]
- Foundation for Black Women's Wellness nears fundraising goal with boost from Mary Burke July 18, 2019Over a decade ago, Lisa Peyton-Caire sat in her bedroom, working on her laptop in her spare time, to organize the first Black Women’s Wellness Day, wi […]
- A student who wore a gorilla mask to a Black Lives Matter rally was racist. But was he breaking the law? July 18, 2019When Tristan Rettke went on trial this week, both sides agreed on one thing: What he had done was racist. On Sept. 28, 2016, the white college freshma […]