Posted by WesternGardener
Is vegetable gardening more of an art than a science? In his new book, Matt Mattus uses his experience as a visual designer, artist, horticulturist and futurist to help uncover the answer to that question.
- Where’s Phil Jackson? Gardening in Montana, apparently June 24, 2019No one has heard much from Phil Jackson in a while. But according to one of his former players, Jackson isn’t shedding any tears over his 11 NBA champ […]
- Books for young readers about the magic of plants and gardening June 24, 2019As summer gets into full swing, we see gardens popping up in back yards, along front porches, and in designated community spaces. What’s nicer than si […]
- A new health program focused on Black Austinites connects seniors and kids through gardening June 23, 2019Austin (KXAN) — In gardens around Austin, something special is happening. African American senior citizens are being paired up with kids and meeting e […]
- Georgia woman fatally bit by rattlesnake while gardening June 23, 2019WAVERLY, Ga. (AP) — A Georgia woman who was bitten by a rattlesnake while gardening has died. News outlets report 62-yaer-old Priscilla Meridith was b […]
- Jim Fizzell: Horticulturalist Answers Your Gardening Questions! June 23, 2019Jim Fizzell, horticulturalist and long-time WGN contributor, checks in with Dean to answer your questions on how to grow and care for your garden. ... […]