This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are my own.
Chances are, during the summer, I’m grilling halloumi skewers once a week. There’s nothing like putting fire to vegetables and cheese. I love the charred flavor and crisp cheese. In this recipe, I’ve paired the skewers with a delightful peanut butter sauce because who can refuse grill vegetables and a delicious sauce?
Halloumi Skewers: forever grilling
Because we don’t buy meat, I don’t mind spending money on the halloumi. This tasty, salty cheese is the perfect star of the show for a vegetarian main. If you can’t find halloumi or don’t want to spend the money, there are different grilling cheeses (literally called grilling cheese). The other option, which would make these easily vegan, is to use extra firm tofu.
That Peanut Butter Life
If you were to ask my family what one pantry staple they couldn’t live without, it would be peanut butter. We go through it quite often. Whether it’s for the classic peanut butter sandwich (usually with banana and honey), as a dip for some fresh cut apples, or as a sauce, like in these halloumi skewers.
I’ve also found, with a kid running around, peanut butter is still an easy way to get him a little extra protein and fiber in his diet (his favorite is spread on a rice cake topped with thin slices of bananas!) If you need even more peanut butter inspiration, you can pop over to this site for more recipes.
When it comes to vegetables on skewers, you can’t really go wrong. I like to stick with the classic vegetable skewer options but I’ve also been known to experiment. Snap peas can be fun as well as heartier vegetables, like sweet potatoes. I also think these skewers would be delicious with blanched green beans and peanut butter sauce!
Make it Vegan
As mentioned above, but I found it worth stating again, swap the halloumi out for tofu. You can’t go wrong here. Sure, some of that salty goodness from the cheese is gone but I do love a good grilled tofu skewer as well.
Serve it With
Best of all, these skewers hold their own but you could easily serve them with a grain pilaf, simple salad, or maybe some nice marinated beans. Think summer cookout and party!
For even more peanut butter recipes, head here.
The post Marinated Halloumi Skewers with Summer Veg and Chipotle-Lime Peanut Sauce appeared first on Naturally..
- Rania's Recipes: Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos & Mexican Caramel Sundaes (Part 1) June 2, 2019State Supreme Court Ruling Could Halt DUI CheckpointsA decision by the Pennsylvania State Supreme Court made a ruling on a 2013 DUI task force that co […]
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos January 24, 20191. Toss chicken pieces with Old El Paso Crispy Taco Seasoning until well covered. 2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add chick […]
- Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Lime Crema January 13, 2019These Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle Lime Crema are the perfect meal prep item, since they’re already pre-portioned and ready to go. There are a […]
- Weekly Meal Plan: Chipotle-Lime Steak, Salmon Burgers, and Peanutty Rice Noodles January 1, 2019In this weekly meal plan, you'll save time once again by doubling up on all kinds of dishes. Proteins, salads, and sauces all get made once and d […]
- Dorothy Dean presents: sweet potato fries with chipotle-lime aioli May 15, 2018Sunshine is here, and that means my hubby wants to take over dinner duty by becoming the grill master he thinks he is. (He’s actually not that bad. An […]