Manipuri Style Alu Kangmet Recipe is simply tossed mashed potatoes in roasted dry red chillies and salt. This dish has only three ingredients and is one of the everyday dishes of manipuris.
This simple potato fry recipe can be packed into your office or kids lunch box along with a phulka and dal. You can adjust the spice level according to your taste.
Manipur is located near the eastern part of India that shares the border with Burma. They mainly consume ingredients that are fresh and grown in their households. Since the vegetables are grown at home and the same is sold in their market, their cooking includes all seasonal vegetables only.
Serve the Manipuri Style Alu Kangmet Recipe along with Tan Ngang which is the Manipuri Style Indian Puri or you can as well serve it with Puri Recipe (Puffed Fried Indian Bread) and your choice of Dal.
If you are looking for more Aloo Recipes, here are some that you can make for your everyday meals:
- Chef's Special recipe: Szechuan Fried Chicken with Dried Chillies June 11, 2019A dish from the Szechuan region as the name suggests. This dish looks potent and is potent. As we most Szechuan dishes, involving Szechuan peppercorns […]
- Mint, chillies, lemon and lots of fizz: Fuljar soda is Kerala’s new ‘cool’ drink June 9, 2019A new fizzy drink has taken over Kerala and most likely checkmated the state’s in-house favourite Kulukki Sarbath. And it’s not hard to see why Kerali […]
- Want To Loose Weight? Chillies Might Help You! June 7, 2019Are you tired of starving yourself but still that stubborn fat is not going away? Then, chillies can be a game-changer for you. Yes, you heard it righ […]
- Acid, wasabi, chillies: mole-rats couldn’t give a toss May 30, 2019Scientists have discovered that a half-blind African mole-rat can take about as much wasabi as you can throw at it, for reasons that could lead to new […]
- Chala’s gentle trader of dried chillies May 11, 2019Dried red chillies, the teeming Chala market, and a great admiration for Malayalam literature — there were many things that connected Thoppil Mohamed […]