Post sponsored by Barilla. See below for more details.
Before spring starts to show, I wanted to share one last cozy pasta meal. This lentil rotini pasta features easy garlicky kale, a no-cook goat cheese sauce, and Barilla Red Lentil Rotini. The spirals in the rotini are perfect for soaking up that saucy-goodness!
All the Greens
When it comes to greens, I’m constantly swapping different ones in and out of recipes. One of the reasons I love recipes like this is because it’s forgiving. Happen to have chard or collards on hand? Those would work just as well.
I’ve also been known to make a similar pasta and add roasted cauliflower, broccoli, and/or sweet potatoes as a replacement or in addition to the greens.
Goat Cheese: love it or leave it
I love goat cheese and I’m not shy about my love. However, I know that it’s not everyone’s favorite cheese. This pasta can work well with any softer-type cheese. Cream cheese or farmers cheese would work as well.
Never fear, vegan friends. You can easily make this vegan. I like to use my favorite cashew cream or sunflower cream with a little bit of onion powder, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast in place of the goat cheese sauce.
Barilla’s Red Lentil Rotini Pasta
When I was writing my cookbook on grinding flour, one of the biggest surprises came when working with red lentil flour. It’s such a good, protein-solid flour. Because of this, I’m not surprised to see this great, one-ingredient Red Lentil Rotini from Barilla. You can find this and all the other varieties of the new Barilla legume pastas on Amazon.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Barilla. All thoughts and opinions are my own. It’s content like this that helps me keep this site running to provide the vegetarian recipes you see every week. continue reading
The post Lentil Rotini with Garlicky Kale and Goat Cheese Sauce appeared first on Naturally..
- Mac Shack will bring unique mac and cheese bowls to Brady Street - often late into the night July 22, 2019Mac Shack will bring unique mac and cheese bowls to Brady Street - often late into the night If you ever had a hankering for late-night mac and cheese […]
- 15 extremely controversial thoughts about cheese July 22, 2019Mashable bites into a creamy, nutty, gooey, and sometimes stinky world during our first-ever Cheese Week. I like pretty much every type of cheese imag […]
- Spray Cheese Market Volume Forecast and Value Chain Analysis 2017–2027 July 22, 2019Future Market Insights has announced the addition of the “Spray Cheese Market Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment,2017– 2027"repo […]
- Don't do this: 10 of the worst crimes against mac and cheese July 22, 2019Mashable bites into a creamy, nutty, gooey, and sometimes stinky world during our fist-ever Cheese Week. From the childhood nostalgia of a cheap boxed […]
- Cheese Plate Mastery Begins With the Right Tools July 22, 2019There are a couple ways to go about making a bountiful, photogenic, or just plain delicious cheese plate. Do you cut cheeses into portion-sized wedges […]