- Vegan Brand Fry Family Foods Donates 5,000 Burgers to California Food Bank October 11, 2019This week, South Africa-based vegan brand Fry Family Foods donated 5,000 plant-based burgers to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County which will distribute the donation to people who are struggling with hunger and homeless in Southern California. “When we saw that 112,000 children in Orange County may go hungry every month and that 22 […]
- Vegan Presses Charges Against “Friends” Who Fed Her Chicken While Drunk October 10, 2019A 24-year-old vegan woman on Reddit pressed charges after her then friends fed her dead chicken flesh while she was inebriated. The Redditor explained the story under the popular topic of AITA—or “Am I the A**hole?,” a post where users ask if they are to blame for the way they acted in various situations. The […]
- Hardee’s to Offer Beyond Meat at Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner October 10, 2019Starting on October 16, fast-food chain Hardee’s will offer vegan Beyond Meat options at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The chain will test a new Beyond Breakfast Sausage Biscuit and an Original Beyond Thickburger for a limited time in Raleigh, NC, and Kansas City, MO. The breakfast biscuit includes a Beyond Breakfast Sausage patty on a […]
- Bristol’s Oldest Pub Now Serves Only Vegan Food, Including Sunday Roast October 10, 2019The Hatchet Inn—Bristol, England’s oldest pub that dates back to 1606—now exclusively serves vegan food. The pub partnered with vegan pop-up kitchen Soy Ahoy to offer comfort food such as fully loaded nachos with cashew sour cream and vegan mozzarella, a vegan chicken burger with deep-fried vegan calamari rings, smoked gouda, and sriracha mayonnaise, along […]
- Pub Chain BrewDog Opens Its First All-Vegan Venue in London October 10, 2019On October 14, Scotland-based craft brewery and pub chain BrewDog will re-launch its existing Dalston, London location as an all-vegan venue. The new pub will serve 24 taps of vegan craft beer along with a menu of all-vegan junk food created in partnership with local vegan restaurant Biff’s Jack Shack. Dishes include The Jack and […]
- Canada’s Top Grocery Store Loblaws Launches Vegan Chicken Wellington and Tiramisu October 10, 2019This week, Canada’s top grocery store Loblaws debuted new vegan options made with products from its private-label brand President’s Choice (PC) in time for the country’s Thanksgiving celebration. The brand collaborated with celebrity chef Craig Harding to create vegan versions of classics. “This weekend, millions of families across the country will be sitting down to […]
- Doctors Group Petition FDA to Put Cancer Warning on Cheese October 10, 2019In conjunction with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, medical group Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) submitted a citizen petition with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to change labeling on cheese to include a cancer warning. In its petition, PCRM—which is comprised of a group of 12,000 doctors—requested that the FDA Commissioner require dairy cheese […]
Lentil Loaf recipe that is hearty, healthy, vegan and high in protein! Recipe featuring my special guest, Adam Witt, Adam is an omnivorous chef who brings his meat cooking expertise to create vegan food that's meaty and hearty.
Lentils are a staple in my diet for a few reasons:
✅inexpensive health food
✅good for bone health
✅lots of fiber which helps regulate your metabolism
✅easy to cook
✅hig in magnesium
✅good source of iron
✅and lots more!
This segment is from Trying Vegan with Mario that has full episodes streaming on Roku.
Mario Fabbri Instagram:
Guest, Adam Witt: