Kumbalakai Majjige Huli Recipe is a traditional South Indian recipe, a must for functions and festivals. It is a tangy curry made from buttermilk and coconut. This curry is usually made with water based vegetables like cucumber, white pumpkin, squash or snake guard. Okra is also a great vegetable that goes well in Majjige Huli.
It is an authentic Karnataka recipe and you can find similar recipes across the south of India. Some make this recipe spicy and some make it less spicy with fewer ingredients.
Explore more recipes with buttermilk here
- Recipe: Buttermilk key to great chicken from oven June 25, 2019Soaking chicken in seasoned buttermilk guarantees that your crispy chicken will come out of the oven moist and juicy on the inside. Salt is also cruci […]
- Grilled shrimp with pineapple-melon salsa June 25, 2019Buttermilk adds just the right amount of tang. 3 magical color-shifting cocktails Learn how to use butterfly pea flower extract to make beautiful colo […]
- 4th of July red, white and blue cheesecake bars June 25, 2019For those that really just eat s'mores for the chocolate, these S'mores Stuffed Apples are what you need. Buttermilk pancakes No more search […]
- These Art Smith and Adrian De Berardinis recipes will bring everyone together for your Pride Month celebrations June 25, 2019W. Bush and his son, George W. Bush. While he cooked his famous buttermilk fried chicken on Tuesday, he said that if he had to pick one meal to cook f […]
- Best-Ever Buttermilk Crepes June 25, 2019This easy crepe recipe yields some of the most tender, buttery crepes we've ever made. Requiring minimal ingredients and equipment, we think it […]