Kumbalakai Majjige Huli Recipe is a traditional South Indian recipe, a must for functions and festivals. It is a tangy curry made from buttermilk and coconut. This curry is usually made with water based vegetables like cucumber, white pumpkin, squash or snake guard. Okra is also a great vegetable that goes well in Majjige Huli.
It is an authentic Karnataka recipe and you can find similar recipes across the south of India. Some make this recipe spicy and some make it less spicy with fewer ingredients.
Explore more recipes with buttermilk here
- 6 last-minute ideas for Birmingham Easter brunch 2019 April 19, 2019Easter brunch menu includes grilled flank steak, honey-glazed pork chop, buttermilk fried chicken, salmon croquette and shrimp and grits; Neapolitan c […]
- Bourbon and Borden April 19, 2019He survived Hell’s Kitchen, is chef and owner of three hot eateries, and is known for creative cuisine as well as his tinted locks. Now, Jason Santos […]
- Chef Dean Neff Cooks up a seaside meal for Easter April 19, 20194 medium soft shell crabs cleaned (remove gills, face, and underside flap with scissors) or 5-6 oz portions fresh skate wing, boneless skinless flound […]
- Creamed Asparagus Soup With Buttermilk and Garlic Chip Garnish April 18, 2019I have so many fond memories of the farms we work with for the Farmers Dinner and now our new restaurant, Greenleaf. One of my favorite recollections […]
- Midday Fix: Vanilla Bean Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Hibiscus Gelee April 18, 2019The Chicago Firehouse, located in the South Loop, will hold an all day holiday soirée on Easter Sunday, April 21. An elaborate brunch buffet will be o […]