Kopparai Thengai Milagai Podi Recipe is simple and healthy recipe made of dry coconut, chana dal, urad dal, sesame seeds, tamarind, red chillies and hing. all these ingredients when ground together gives a flavour of nuttiness,spiciness and tanginess to the chutney which makes its so mouthwatering and addictive.
All the ingredients which go into a chutney podi are healthy and full of protein. Since the dals are dry roasted and no oil is used it makes this podi even more healthy. The natural oils from the dry coconut is released when we grind the podi in the mixer grinder. Kopparai Thengai Milagai Podi stays good in the fridge for months and you can make a large batch and store it in an airtight container in the fridge and use as and when you require.
Kopparai Thengai Milagai Podi goes well along with idlis or dosas and you can toss your mini idlis in this podi and pack for your kids lunch box or had as an evening snack.
Try some of our other podi recipes
- Nigel Slater’s squid with pea and coriander chutney June 25, 2019Chop 75g of coriander leaves and stems and put them in a blender. Pour in 25ml of vegetable or groundnut oil. Peel 50g of ginger, reduce to a purée on […]
- Khana Khazana, a traditional Indian street-style café, opens in Gurukrupa store June 25, 2019A bowl of chole masala, steaming chickpea curry served over a samosa, a lentil and pea-stuffed fried pocket, and topped with fresh cilantro chutney is […]
- Society Tea enters chutney, pickle category with launch of Spice Secrets June 24, 2019Society Tea has forayed into a new category with the launch of Spice Secrets. The new brand will focus on chutneys and pickles (to begin with) in deli […]
- Skip the gorp and dehydrated meals, ‘Hungry Campers Cookbook’ will elevate your camp cooking June 23, 2019Holder is upfront about the fact that she and her family only camp at sites they can drive right up to – and they must have a pretty big vehicle, cons […]
- How to make sweetcorn, shallot and chilli fritters with tomato and shallot chutney June 20, 2019These fritters are perfect for a lazy breakfast or weekend brunch. Add a poached egg on top to really indulge. Serves 6 From 15p €0.18 $0.18 USD 0.27 […]