After my half-marathon on Saturday, I hopped in the car and made the 3-hour drive to Nashville to spend Memorial Day weekend with my partner Paul, who lives there part-time for work. He’s home in Memphis most weekends, but his work schedule wouldn’t allow him to come home this past weekend. So I went to him.
I’ll do a post tomorrow on all of the yummy Memorial Day eats from the weekend. But tonight, I want to talk about one very special place we visited in East Nashville on Sunday afternoon — Koko’s Plant-Based Ice Cream!
This is an all-vegan ice cream shop that I just discovered on Instagram about a month ago. It’s located next to Avo, my favorite high-raw vegan place, in the OneC1ty development (which is made out of shipping containers). This cute little shop makes all their own creams using a coconut base, and I’m here to tell ya now that THEY ARE AMAZING. They’re also nut-free for all y’all folks with allergies.
And they have vegan waffle cones! You get two flavors in a small order, so I opted for Mint Chip and Cookies & Cream.
Paul went with two scoops of Peaches & Cream (packed with real peaches!). Of course I tried some of his too, and it was creamy perfection.
Koko’s will definitely be a must-visit for every future trip to Nashville (and now I can’t wait to go back). Hey Koko’s, come to Memphis and open a shop here!
- The best retinol cream June 20, 2019Today's marketplace is inundated with anti-aging products claiming to reverse the effects of time. While the fountain of youth remains undiscover […]
- From T-Shirts to Ice Cream, Kroger Pushes House Brands in Grocery Wars June 20, 2019BERLIN/CHICAGO — Multicolored, sparkly ice cream is an unlikely battleground in U.S. grocery stores. But Kroger Co believes products like Kroger Best […]
- Eat Big Gay Ice Cream and plant a tree with Yo-Yo Ma — here are 5 things to do in Chicago this weekend June 20, 2019Neighborhood food and drink favorites, a Cirque Du Soleil spectacle, a Pride party, tree-planting and Big Gay Ice Cream are some of our favorite thing […]
- Nissan’s zero-emission ice cream van uses old EV batteries to keep things cool June 20, 2019File ice cream vans under ‘things I never thought posed a significant risk to the environment but might actually.’ Nissan has developed a new concept […]
- Nightfood Ice Cream Continues Rapid Expansion, Adding Plant-Based Sleep-Friendly Ice Cream to Award-Winning Product Line June 20, 2019Tarrytown, NY, June 20, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- via NEWMEDIAWIRE -- Nightfood, Inc. (OTCQB: NGTF), the nationally expanding ice cream company solving […]