Kerala Style Chemmeen Moilee Recipe -Prawn Curry is a comfort curry made from shrimps cooked in rich coconut milk. The curry is so simple to make as it is made in a one pot. Moilee is a very common dish in Kerala and is usually made from a variety of fish but we can use different kind of seafood as well to create this wonderful delicacy. This curry does not use any tamarind but has strong flavors from the whole spices like the cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and whole peppercorns.
If you like this recipe, try our similar recipes
- ‘Every year I need to romance the rain to keep alive who I am’ June 7, 2019In literature, water is both a symbol and a contextual element. In Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai’s Chemmeen, the seashore is where Pareekutty and Karuth […]
- Chemmeen Moru Curry Recipe January 24, 2019About Chemmeen Moru Curry Recipe: A hot and spicy, thick fish curry that you can easily prepare at home. Fish pieces simmered in a host of spices alon […]
- Translating India: The difficulty of keeping yourself out of the original text February 12, 2018An attack of madness. She describes it as “a swarming melee of manic energy seeking a focus”. Chemmeen – the translation – was born of one such coup d […]
- Picture the song: An invitation to break free in ‘Manasa Maine Varu’ from ‘Chemmeen’ January 8, 2018In Ramu Kariat’s 1965 classic Chemmeen (Prawn), Karuthamma (Sheela), the daughter of a Hindu fisherman, yearns to break out of the web of rules govern […]
- I watched Chemmeen to play Ummukhulsu: Manasa Radhakrishnan August 28, 2017It was actor-scriptwriter Murali Gopy who first suggested Manasa for the character of Ummukhulsu in Kaattu. That happened on the sets of Tiyaan, where […]