Kachkola alu'r dalna or jhol: The truth is kachkola, i.e. green bananas isn't universally loved among Bengalis, unless they are made into a kofta. However, this version of kachkola alu'r dalna will hopefully satisfy even the haters of this humble vegetable. The dal'er bora is of course optional, but it really makes the dalna special. Enjoy this with a light musur or moog dal for lunch on a hot summer afternoon. Don't forget the preserve the peels for a kachkola'r khosha chochchori!
🥘 RECIPE WITH INGREDIENT LIST 📝
🎥 RELATED VIDEOS
🎬 Kachkola'r khosha chochchori:
🎬 Bengali garam moshla:
🎬 Panta bhaat:
🔪CURIOUS ABOUT OUR KITCHEN POTS & PANS? 🍳
👕 GET THE BONG EATS PHUCHKA T-SHIRT!
"Priyo Phuchkawala" © Bong Eats, composed by Bemanan
🎧 GET THE ALBUM (© for listening only)
👨🏽🍳 Cooking Bong Eats recipes? 👩🏽🍳
📸SHOW US YOUR PHOTOS!
Or follow us on Twitter @bongeats | Facebook @bongeats
- At Kolkata's Kopai, get a taste of Tagore's family recipes April 5, 201990), dhokar dalna (steamed lentil cakes: ₹140), mutton curry (₹ 300), chingri malai curry (prawns in coconut milk: ₹250), rice and kacha aam (green ma […]
- Bengali Dishes You Cannot Mess With: Episode 3 May 24, 2018Kusha and Dolly are back with another video! Khuli hawa mein walk karke bhishon #GoromLagcche! Skechers Performance Mumbai Walkathon ke bare mein sun […]
- The goddess of feasts September 22, 2017Besides familiar dishes such as bhaapa chingri (steamed prawns in pumpkin leaves), and some Bengali staples like chicken kosha and dhokar dalna, one w […]
- FESTIVE FARE - Start the new year with a fine feast April 9, 2014Start with Kacha Aam Pudinar Shorbet. Non-vegetarians can try Bekti ... Aloo Posto, Vegetable Chop, Dhokar Dalna and more. For dessert, there’s Chenna […]
- Happy new feast 1421 - Welcome the Bengali new year with a toast to tradition April 13, 2011Last year, the hotel had turned to countryside recipes, presenting dishes little heard of in the ... Another novelty would be the Kadaishutir Dhokar D […]