Julie Taboulie’s Lebanese Kitchen by Julie Ann Sageer was a revelation for both of us. There are some modern preparations of dishes that we already knew we loved, like hummus, baba ghanaouj, pita bread, and fattoush, along with a ton of great desserts we’re going to make.
Julie’s writing is interesting and spot-on, and we really connected with the narrative that she tells in the introduction. She drifted from her roots and then circled back with a new appreciation for her grandmother’s cooking and Lebanese classics. We had a similar journey with Southern American food. To us, years ago, Southern food and vegetarian food didn’t seem to mesh all that well. As kids, we kind of started to think that Southern food wasn’t really for us. We strayed, too, finding curry, stir-fry, falafel, sushi, and a world of possibilities before circling back around to the South, and transforming Southern favorites makes up a part of our cooking today.
We appreciate Julie’s amazing new cookbook and really feel that it comes from a true place. We were so inspired that we made a feast the first night after we’d both read it cover to cover. Our table quickly filled up with freshly spun hummus, smoky baba ghanaouj, homemade Lebanese pita, taboulie with tons of parsley and lemon, yogurt with mint and cucumber, olives, and tangy feta.
This book can really help the home cook transform everyday ingredients into ‘wow’ Lebanese dishes. We loved the inspiration and look forward to Julie’s success with the book (to be released on Tuesday, June 6) and with her cooking show on PBS!
- House firms building future slums, minister Julie James claims July 17, 2019A row has broken out after a Welsh Government minister accused the private house-building industry of creating the "slums of the future". Ju […]
- Warhol Foundation Awards $3.8 M. in Grants for Shows of Barbara Kruger, Lorraine O’Grady, Julie Mehretu, More July 17, 2019The New York–based Andy Warhol Foundation has given $3.81 million to 41 arts organizations in the United States and Canada as part of its spring 2019 […]
- Qualtrics’ Julie Larson-Green will talk experience management at TC Sessions: Enterprise July 16, 2019We’re less than two months out from our first TC Sessions: Enterprise event, which is happening in San Francisco on September 5, and did you know our […]
- The Jim Rome Show: Julie Ertz talks carrying World Cup Trophy July 16, 2019US Women's National Soccer Team midfielder Julie Ertz calls Jim Rome to discuss celebrating the World Cup championship victory. ... […]
- From Super Bowl to World Cup, Julie and Zach Ertz stay connected July 16, 2019PHILADELPHIA -- Julie Ertz said she was scared to do the math. Sitting next to her husband, Zach Ertz, on Thursday at the Philadelphia International A […]