Jolada roti or Jowar bhakri is a must in any North Karnataka house. It is an unleavened Indian bread made out of jowar (Sorghum), which is not just delicious to taste but also contains good source of nutrients. The Jolada roti is a staple diet of most of the districts of North Karnataka, where it is eaten with pulse curries such as Jhunka, Enne Gai or with assorted chutneys. It is gluten free and is diabetic friendly dish. It’s a delicious and healthy flatbread which is also very low in calories. Do try the recipe and make it a part of your everyday meal if you prefer healthy options.
Serve Jolada Roti Recipe (Jowar Bhakri) along with Karnataka Style Badanekai Yennegai Gojju Recipe (Stuffed Brinjal Recipe), a bowl of Yogurt (Curd) and Uchellu Chutney for North Karnataka inspired meal.
If you like this recipe, you should also try
- Susegad in SoBo June 19, 2019For the thali, one can choose between chapati and bhakri, and we opt for the latter. It comprises dry prawn kismur (a salad made of shrimp, grated coc […]
- Over 50 people fall ill after consuming food at religious event June 12, 2019A goat sacrificed for the event was cooked and served as prasad along with bhakri, rice, and a vegetable dish. Almost half an hour after consuming the […]
- Staple experiments June 12, 2019The first dish she made was bhakri no ladvo, laddoos made with bhakri, a thick roti made of wheat, which is a Gujarati staple. The 58-year-old prepare […]
- Bhakri can be a healthier alternative to whole wheat rotis December 3, 2018Bhakri is a coarser version of roti prepared with bajra (pearl millet) or jowar (sorghum) or ragi (finger millet) or mixture of these. “Though, all th […]
- Does Rajasthan have the best food in India? Tell us September 25, 2018Do you love bhakri and sol kadhi? Or meen kuzhambu and rice more? Is Bong food king? Or Punjabi dhaba khana the best! Tell us about your favourite cui […]