Today I try to veganize Chrissy Teigen's Pad Drunken Noodles recipe. I used tofurky vegan chicken strips, The Vegan Egg and mushroom vegetarian oyster sauce to see if I could get it to look and taste like the original but totally plant-based. Thai Drunk Noodles or 'Pad Kee Mao' get it's name due to the fact that the spicy noodles perfectly accompany an ice cold beer, and make for a great hangover cure. I made these after a night out and it totally helped. This is a very popular dish in Thailand and in Thai restaurants in North America. Its super tasty and easy to make at home.
BUY MY COOKBOOK:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE EDGY VEG HERE:
Chrissy writes in her book… " The funny thing about drunken noodles is that none of the recipes I've ever found actually have alcohol in them — you are supposed to eat them WHILE drunk as a hangover cure (I am not opposed), but I decided they'd be good actually drunk themselves, so I added whiskey. The noodles are big, flat sponges for the sauce, and there's broccoli for John, plus scrambled eggs and chicken, and you can (should) hit it with some really spicy sh*t. Pepper gave me major side-eye when she caught me developing this Thai-ish recipe without her permission, but she actually ate a whole bowlful. So I win.
Sambalism: I know I use a lot of Sriracha, but sometimes I use sambal oelek instead for a similar but not-the-same effect. Unlike Sriracha, which has some sweetness and tang thanks to sugar and vinegar, this is basically smashed-up chiles with some salt and garlic thrown in for good measure. It's hot, but not death-hot, and it's delicious."
↓ Add Me or Connect With Me Here ↓
🙋My Insta: (@edgyveg)
🙋My Personal Insta: (@candice_Hutchings)
🌱My Website ~ All My Vegan Recipes:
#veganfood #vegan #veganrecipe
- How Much These Top-Rated Food Subscriptions Will Actually Cost You August 23, 2019Martha’s recipes and top-notch ingredients such as Berkshire ... dairy-free, low-carb and vegetarian. Meals include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack […]
- 10 High-Protein Meatless Recipes to Make for Lunch August 22, 2019The recipe calls for vegan cheese, but feel free to use regular cheese if you’re not sensitive to dairy. This chili, made with beans and bulgur, is a […]
- 2 Vegan Sushi Recipes So Good, You Won't Miss Fish August 22, 2019Here are two recipes for delicious vegan sushi. Preheat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit ... and one tablespoon of sesame seeds across the bottom of the […]
- The Root: From Scarborough to Fresno, a Recipe for Avocado Shake August 21, 2019It is a bit of a no-recipe recipe, since I believe the best recipes are made without a ... you’ll need to cut back on the coconut milk and introduce v […]
- This crunchy salad is a ‘mostly plants’ recipe approved by Michael Pollan August 21, 2019That said, the recipe of theirs I tried – and love – is vegetarian through and through ... Scatter the roasted chickpeas and the feta on top, then gar […]