Today I try to veganize Chrissy Teigen's Pad Drunken Noodles recipe. I used tofurky vegan chicken strips, The Vegan Egg and mushroom vegetarian oyster sauce to see if I could get it to look and taste like the original but totally plant-based. Thai Drunk Noodles or 'Pad Kee Mao' get it's name due to the fact that the spicy noodles perfectly accompany an ice cold beer, and make for a great hangover cure. I made these after a night out and it totally helped. This is a very popular dish in Thailand and in Thai restaurants in North America. Its super tasty and easy to make at home.
BUY MY COOKBOOK:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE EDGY VEG HERE:
Chrissy writes in her book… " The funny thing about drunken noodles is that none of the recipes I've ever found actually have alcohol in them — you are supposed to eat them WHILE drunk as a hangover cure (I am not opposed), but I decided they'd be good actually drunk themselves, so I added whiskey. The noodles are big, flat sponges for the sauce, and there's broccoli for John, plus scrambled eggs and chicken, and you can (should) hit it with some really spicy sh*t. Pepper gave me major side-eye when she caught me developing this Thai-ish recipe without her permission, but she actually ate a whole bowlful. So I win.
Sambalism: I know I use a lot of Sriracha, but sometimes I use sambal oelek instead for a similar but not-the-same effect. Unlike Sriracha, which has some sweetness and tang thanks to sugar and vinegar, this is basically smashed-up chiles with some salt and garlic thrown in for good measure. It's hot, but not death-hot, and it's delicious."
↓ Add Me or Connect With Me Here ↓
🙋My Insta: (@edgyveg)
🙋My Personal Insta: (@candice_Hutchings)
🌱My Website ~ All My Vegan Recipes:
#veganfood #vegan #veganrecipe
- Small bites: Vegan Barbecue Cookoff returns June 25, 2019the Asheville Vegan Society, Animal Haven of Asheville and Plant. Sponsors will provide prizes to the day’s top three winners, and door prizes will al […]
- A best-selling cookbook with 500 Instant Pot recipes is on sale for $3.99 right now June 25, 2019You’ll find everything from chicken and beef dishes to vegetarian meals ... Amazon's best-selling surround sound system down to $59.99 right now? […]
- REKORDERLIG Premium Hard Cider Offers Refreshing Summer Recipes with their Vegan Ciders June 25, 2019They are thrilled to announce that all seven flavors of their flavors are now vegan. Thanks to a new filtering process ... Enjoy Rekorderlig poured ov […]
- This Lentil Burger Recipe Is Perfect for Meal Prep and Easy Weeknight Dinners June 24, 2019My first foray into meatless burgers was BA’s Best Veggie Burger, a no-holds-barred ... I still wanted to do a weeknight-friendly vegan burger with a […]
- Enjoying plant-based foods with the Twisted Fork Vegan/Vegetarian Festival June 23, 2019Let's celebrate this holiday season in style by veganizing your favorite soul food recipes. Whether you ... see just how easy it is to live you b […]