Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- Cooking with cherries: Good for health, AND taste buds August 17, 2019Cherries are in peak season, which means they're plentiful, cheap, and ripe for the picking. Hyvee nutritionist Melissa Jaeger visited KARE 11 Sa […]
- Cooking with cherries: Good for health and the taste buds August 17, 2019Late summer is a great time to focus on cherries, and all the awesome stuff you can make with them. Hyvee dietician Melissa Jaeger stopped by KARE 11 […]
- Carbon County Woman Tests her Cooking Skills on Food Networks ‘Chopped’ August 16, 2019LUZERNE COUNTY, Pa. -- Kelly Dias of Beaver Meadows comes from a long line of Italian cooks, but when she really started mastering recipes, it was tha […]
- 2019 Basque Culinary World Prize Winner Anthony Myint Uses Cooking For Climate Solutions August 16, 2019Anthony Myint, San Francisco-based environmental activist, chef, restaurateur, author and food consultant has been awarded the 2019 Basque Culinary Wo […]
- Cooking with Kids August 16, 2019Lavender lemonade is a treat for the eyes as well as the taste buds. It seems the younger children are, the more they want to help in the kitchen. Ins […]