Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- Vital Farms Launches Two New Pasture-Raised Firsts That Simplify Cooking August 20, 2019AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- With the mission to bring ethically produced food to the table, the pasture-raised pioneer Vital Farms in […]
- Cooking Corner: Peach Recipes August 20, 2019PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Market District Chef Ben D’Amico says it’s peach season. He’s in the Pittsburgh Today Live kitchen with some tasty recipes using p […]
- Award-winning chef Michael Solomonov pens letter to his younger self: "Cooking will be your salvation" August 20, 2019In our series, Note to Self, we hear from celebrated Israeli-American chef Michael Solomonov. He won his fifth James Beard Award in May when his flags […]
- Home cooking: NJ law would allow bakers to sell homemade goods August 20, 2019Home cooking: NJ law would allow bakers to sell homemade goods New Jersey is the only state that bars home-cooked food from being sold for profit Chec […]
- Cooking Oil Market Perspective 2019 with Professional Survey & Competitive Dynamics till 2028 August 20, 2019Aug 20, 2019 (WiredRelease via COMTEX) -- The report attempts to offer high-quality and accurate analysis of the Global Cooking Oil Market, keeping in […]