Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- 'Prairie Kitchen' brings cooking and cutlery to Iowa City August 22, 2019'Prairie Kitchen' brings cooking and cutlery to Iowa City A new kitchen store is going to be opening in Iowa City's north side in Sprin […]
- The tricks to cooking up the perfect steak August 22, 2019KANSAS CITY, MO. — Founded by a combat veteran, K.C. Cattle Company partnered up with Meat Mitch and Char Bar to create the perfect steak. Patrick Mon […]
- Food Network and Cooking Channel Announce Halloween Programming August 22, 2019Food Network and Cooking Channel get into the Halloween spirit with over 30 hours of thematic programming dedicated to the scariest and most delicious […]
- Students get cooking at Hanover Central Middle School August 22, 2019CEDAR LAKE — With just two days into the new school year, eighth-grade students in Barb Lazarro’s FACS (Family and Consumer Science) class at Hanover […]
- Let's Dish: Nathan McHand, cooking at Cocha, gives his advice for pursuing a culinary career August 22, 2019Social media has been a useful outlet for me to find great food in Baton Rouge and the people behind it. Recently, as I scrolled through the Baton Rou […]