Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- Scientists suggest new method to track pollution from cooking August 24, 2019Washington D.C. , Aug 24 : Researchers have found a new way to track pollution from cooking, an important source of pollution in urban environments. C […]
- Washing Raw Chicken Before Cooking It Can Make You Sick: Report August 24, 2019Be safe out there, kids. With all this talk about Popeyes and Chik-fil-A's chicken sandwiches, we're in the mood for a nice dinner right aro […]
- Rivian R1T Electric Truck: Camping Out And Cooking In The Wild August 24, 2019Rivian says everything tastes better when you're cooking with a view of Coconino National Forest’s famous red rocks. […]
- Why home cooking can't solve all our food problems August 24, 2019Gathering around the family table for a nightly dinner has never been so complicated. It seems like there's a new study every day describing risi […]
- No, seriously, one $69 device will have you cooking perfect steak like a pro chef every single time August 24, 2019If you want to make sure your steak or any other meat is cooked perfectly each and every time, there’s no better way to do it than with a meat thermom […]