Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- Strategies for cooking without heat August 18, 2019Can you cook without heating a single thing? Bowl of cereal to the rescue! Oh, you want to cook cook? And end up with an actual meal? Good news: You c […]
- Cooking up a business for this savvy chef August 18, 2019JOHANNESBURG - Transforming basic cooking into an exciting art form is the language of Chef Nono. Be different – very different. Ulundi-born Chef Nono […]
- Tituss Burgess Will Fire Food out of a Cannon on Cooking Competition Dishmantled August 17, 2019Pinot noir, caviar, the judges found your dish subpar. On Friday, Deadline reported that Emmy-nominated actor Tituss Burgess will host the upcoming co […]
- Dave Grohl on Them Crooked Vultures: “There’s always something cooking” August 17, 2019The post Dave Grohl on Them Crooked Vultures: “There’s always something cooking” appeared first on Consequence of Sound. Dave Grohl isn’t ruling out a […]
- Cooking with cherries: Good for health, AND taste buds August 17, 2019Cherries are in peak season, which means they're plentiful, cheap, and ripe for the picking. Hyvee nutritionist Melissa Jaeger visited KARE 11 Sa […]