Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- The dos and don’ts of cooking with craft beer, according to chefs August 22, 2019You can do a lot with craft beer as many of them pair well with particular dishes. Sometimes you may not be the one in the kitchen cooking the dish, b […]
- A Kenyan Chef Broke the World Record for Most Consecutive Hours Cooking August 21, 2019For most of us home cooks, Thanksgiving is probably about as close as we'll get to marathon-level stints in front of the stove. But if you love c […]
- Home Cooking: Late summer chilled soups August 21, 2019August finds us enjoying hikes under blue skies and hot sun. Evenings find us dining outside to enjoy the cooler temperatures. At this time of year, y […]
- Jiobit is cooking up a military version of its kid-tracker tech August 21, 2019Jiobit got its start tracking kids for anxious parents, but it sees an opportunity in keeping tabs on people and equipment for the military. The Chica […]
- USDA answers age-old question of whether poultry should be washed before cooking August 21, 2019Should you rinse raw poultry? Advice over the years has been conflicting. Even cooking legends Julia Child and Jacques Pepin disagreed, but a new stud […]