Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- Sheba's Shelf: Mommy's Cooking Healthy Southern Style August 19, 2019The next author on Sheba Shelf is a mother with a new cookbook. Mommy's Cooking Healthy is filled with vegan and vegetarian recipes for your fami […]
- Roof collapse: cooking allowed in a corner of the hall August 19, 2019Throwing safety precautions to the wind, officials of Backward Classes Hostel for college students at Sathamangalam here, where a huge portion of the […]
- How one Hong Kong bakery is cooking up support for pro-democracy protests August 19, 2019A Hong Kong bakery is doing its part to support the city’s pro-democracy protest movement by making mooncakes with a message. READ MORE: Meet the Cana […]
- Solar-powered Home Cooking System, Designed to Replace Traditional Fuel-based Systems, Wins 2nd Elsevier-ISES Renewable Transformation Challenge August 19, 2019LONDON, August 19, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Elsevier, a global information analytics business specializing in science and health, and the International So […]
- Fish and Game: Cooking redfish Cajun Vista style August 18, 2019You've seen Capt. Theophile Bourgeois and I catch an awful of redfish in Lafitte. Today we're going to show you what happens to them after t […]