Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- How This 100-Year-Old Appliance Transformed Home Cooking as We Know It August 19, 2019When I think of my mama’s kitchen, the first thing I picture is her pristine white KitchenAid stand mixer. I remember hunching over the mixer as I mad […]
- All-Clad's oval fish pan is my favorite for cooking whole fish — here's why it will never leave my kitchen August 19, 2019There are many ways to cook fish whole, but this, fellow seafood lovers, is the best for your stovetop. […]
- Cooking with Kyle: Berbere spice crusted tenderloin with galette potatoes August 19, 2019This recipe is a luxurious, unique recipe celebrating the life of Chef John Bennett. Kyle’s friend, Chef Quint Smith, who was also a lifetime student […]
- Jo Jung Suk Boasts About His Wife Gummy’s Cooking Skills + Thanks Her For Making Him Breakfast August 19, 2019Jo Jung Suk spoke about his marriage to Gummy on SBS PowerFM’s “Cultwo Show”! On the August 19 broadcast, “E.X.I.T” co-stars Jo Jung Suk, Girls’ Gener […]
- Tituss Burgess' New Cooking Competition Show ‘Dishmantled’ Features a Food Cannon August 19, 2019The race to launch streaming platforms is heating up: Disney’s platform, Disney+, is scheduled to debut this coming November, while Martha Stewart lau […]