Healthy quinoa patties (cakes) recipe. Crispy on the outside, soft and flavorful on the inside. High protein delicious quinoa cakes.
More Healthy Recipes:
Quinoa pumpkin salad:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
Healthy Granola Bars:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars:
My favorite kitchen equipment:
1½ cups (260g) quinoa
3 cups (720ml) water
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 bunch parsley
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons + 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion, grate zucchini and carrot. Chop fresh parsley.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add crushed garlic, grated zucchini and carrot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes.
4. To the bowl with cooked quinoa and the cooked vegetables, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and chopped parsley. Mix until well combined.
5. With your hands, shape patties from the mixture.
6. In a large pan with olive oil. Fry the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
Support The Cooking Foodie! Check out my Patreon at – you can get access to special content, behind the scenes photos, videos and more cool stuff!
Join to The Cooking Foodie YouTube membership:
- 5 Cooking Mistakes That Are Making Your Food Unhealthy July 17, 2019A 2015 review published in the International Journal of Gastronomy and Food Science showed that boiling vegetables resulted in a high loss of vitamin […]
- Is this Will Muschamp’s best Gamecocks team? He likes what he has cooking July 17, 2019Will Muschamp’s grandest appearance at SEC Media Days opened with talk of one of America’s most popular barbecue products. He might be entering a four […]
- How Humans’ Unique Cooking Abilities Might Have Altered Our Fate July 17, 2019If you cooked dinner today — even a Cup O Noodles — you did something extraordinary and uniquely human. While the rest of the animal kingdom subsists […]
- The Pioneer Woman’s top tips to improve your cooking July 17, 2019Crowd roars 'send her back!' at Trump rally in N.C. Tried and tested advice Ree Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman, started sharing r […]
- This new Pala Casino, Spa & Resort chef is looking to revamp menus and share a lifelong love of cooking July 17, 2019On a black and white television set in his childhood home in La Jolla, Chef Kurt Hauser watched greats such as Julia Child, Graham Kerr and Jacques Pé […]