Have you tried oat milk in your coffee yet? Oat milk is creamy and quite tasty, assuming you enjoy the flavor of oatmeal. If I had to come up with another name for it, I’d call it, “essence of oatmeal.” Never mind, let’s stick with oat milk.
Oat milk captured my attention as an eco-friendly, plant-based milk alternative. Oats can be good for farming land and good for us, too. It’s a win-win situation, so I’m excited to share this oat milk recipe with you.
Oat milk really has a lot going for it. It’s special diet-friendly, since it’s dairy free, vegan and gluten-free (if you’re using certified gluten-free oats). It’s nut free as well, unlike my other favorite homemade milk alternatives, cashew milk and pecan milk.
Plus, homemade oat milk is the cheapest of the bunch and the easiest to make. Ready to learn how?
- Dairy farmers rally for Congress to bring whole milk back to schools June 19, 2019G.N. Hursh has never tried skim or low-fat milk. He never wants to. The Ephrata dairy farmer wants to make sure children have a choice on the milk the […]
- NYC’s Milk Bar Is Popping Up at Emporium Pies June 18, 2019New York’s Milk Bar—empire of Christina Tosi, deconstructed birthday cakes, and cereal milk—announced in a social media post five days ago what they’r […]
- Pa. congressmen bring their milk crusade to Harrisburg June 18, 2019Standing amid a crowd of children, Pennsylvania Dairy Princesses, Amish farmers and state lawmakers, Congressman Glenn Thompson whipped off his suit j […]
- Got whole milk? Pa. dairy industry calls for return of whole milk to public school cafeterias June 18, 2019Demanding school kids deserve to have a choice when it comes to milk, the Pennsylvania’s dairy industry rallied Tuesday in support of bringing whole m […]
- Bismarck Sanford opens human milk donation center June 18, 2019Sanford Health on Tuesday opened a human milk donation center in Bismarck, the second in the state. The effort is in partnership with Mothers’ Milk Ba […]