The Flax Seed Egg Replacer is a recipe that you can use in place of eggs for Vegan and Eggless Baking. Egg is one of the most important ingredients in baking cakes cookies and many more dishes. There is no one type of ingredient that can replicate all of these properties that an egg has.
The egg has protein, emulsifiers and many other properties that helps in building structure, helps in building air pockets that trap air bubbles. The process of whisking the egg, denatures the egg making it help trap air by creating foam.
After a lot of research I found that flaxseeds are one of the most versatile ingredients that can replace eggs for baking. Although I must say that lighter coloured cakes like sponge cake, or lighter coloured cookies get a grainy texture and look spotty with the colour of flaxseeds.
Let me also warn you that they are not going to fully perform like an egg for whipped creams or choux pastry. They are not the best of the foaming agents for super like textured baked dishes.
But oh well, those we can buy and for the plenty that we can bake in the form of cakes and cookies, this flax seed egg replacer works like magic.
- Exclusive: Nawazuddin Siddiqui cuts two cakes on his birthday; the actor reveals the reason May 19, 2019It’s birthday time for one of the finest actors of Bollywood – Nawazuddin Siddiqui. The actor turns 44 today (May 19). Earlier we had met with the act […]
- Rivera powers Baby Cakes past Cubs May 18, 2019Yadiel Rivera hit two home runs and Lewis Brinson went deep for the second day in a row to power the New Orleans Baby Cakes to a 9-5 win over the Iowa […]
- Who makes the best cakes in New Hampshire? May 17, 2019Each week, we look for the best New Hampshire has to offer in our Viewers' Choice feature.This week, we've got something of a sweet tooth. A […]
- VIDEO: HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Shows Off Their Cakes For World Baking Day May 17, 2019Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has a pretty "sweet" tradition, for all of its productions around the world. The company celebrates each s […]
- Who will survive? Sansa's lemon cakes or the Three-Eyed Raven cookies? May 16, 2019Forget the speculation about who will sit on the Iron Throne. Sarah Jarecki’s friends are looking forward to the amazing concoctions she plans to serv […]