- Vegan Foods Are Most-Ordered Trend on Uber Eats in 2018 December 12, 2018Delivery services Uber Eats named plant-based foods the top trend of 2018 in its year-end report. Based on internal data, the company revealed that out of the top 20 food components in dishes ordered through the service in 2018, many included vegan foods such as avocado, toast, kale, tofu, hummus, and coconut. “The power couple […]
- <i>Vogue</i> Commends Miley Cyrus’ Vegan Style December 12, 2018International fashion magazine Vogue recently applauded vegan songstress Miley Cyrus for advocating animal-free fashion. While in London promoting her new single, “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart” with Mark Ronson, Cyrus used the occasion to showcase all-vegan outfits. Cyrus was spotted wearing vintage faux fur by Vivienne Westwood and vegan leather cowboy boots by Casadei. On […]
- Vegan Bean Burritos Are 276 Percent More Popular on GrubHub December 12, 2018Vegan bean burritos were the most popular takeout food item in 2018, increasing by 276 percent in popularity compared to 2017, according to meal delivery marketplace GrubHub. To compile its “Year in Food” report, GrubHub analyzed orders placed by more than 16 million diners and surveyed consumers across the country about their ordering habits. The […]
- JUST Strikes Historic Deal with Japanese Cattle Ranchers to Make Slaughter-Free Wagyu Beef December 11, 2018Silicon Valley food technology startup JUST—known for its vegan products JUST Mayo and Just Egg—announced a historic partnership today with Japanese meat producer Toriyama Ranch. JUST will work with Toriyama to produce slaughter-free (also known as cultured or cell-based meat) using cells from the company’s “Wagyu” cows—a rare species that is sold as a luxury […]
- Del Taco Adds Vegan Beyond Meat Tacos to 16 San Diego Locations December 11, 2018Starting December 13, Del Taco Restaurants, Inc. will add vegan meat options to the menu of 16 locations in San Diego. Del Taco first tested the options—which feature a proprietary blend made with Beyond Meat vegan meat crumbles—in two Los Angeles locations in September. “With a growing demand for vegan and vegetarian options among our […]
- Scrumptious North Indian Dinners Ideas Perfect For Winters December 15, 2018As seasons change, along with our attire, our eating habits too change to adapt to the weather. The best season for food is the winters. During the winters we are able to digest better and eat fresh seasonal produce available during this time of the year. Winter meals usually are heavy, enriched with ghee, whole […]
- Chicken Yakitori Recipe - Japanese Chicken Skewers December 15, 2018Chicken Yakitori Recipe is a Japanese chicken appetizer, with sweet and spicy notes. Succulent cubes of chicken are marinated in a delicious tangy sauce made with soy sauce, vinegar, some red wine and brown sugar for those sweet notes. Grilled on a pan and served with a sauce made with the remaining marinade. A winner recipe. […]
- Give These Lip Smacking Continental Fish Meals A Try For Weekend Dinner December 14, 2018When it comes to a non - vegetarian diet , our choices are endless. From chicken, mutton, fish to prawns, pork, beef, squid, crab, lobster and what not. Amongst them all, fish is said to be relatively a lot more nutritious than the rest of them.
- Chicken Yakisoba Recipe - Japanese Noodles December 14, 2018Chicken Yakisoba Recipe are Japanese style noodles made using the Yakisoba variety of noodles. Tossed in vegetables like carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, and some onions tossed in a lovely sauce made with soy sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar. Not to forget the addition of the chicken strips that bring in that bit of protein into the […]
- आलू विंडालू रेसिपी - Potato Vindaloo Recipe December 14, 2018आलू विंडालू एक गोअन रेसिपी है जिसमे आलू को गोअन मसालो के साथ पकाया जाता है. यह करी ज़्यादातर तीखी होती है और इसे आप चावल, डोसा या पराठे के साथ परोस सकते है. आलू विंडालू रेसिपी को घी रोस्ट डोसा और रवा प्रॉन्स फ्राई के साथ दिन के खाने के लिए परोसे। अगर आपको […]
OIL-FREE NUT ROAST RECIPE
1 medium carrot
1 green pepper
2 cloves of garlic
100g dired apricots
25g dired cranberries
1 tbsp fresh finely chopped sage
1/2 tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water
150g nuts of choice
50g buckwheat flour
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Make the chia egg by mixing the chia seed with the water in a bowl.
3. Finely chop all the vegetables and dried fruit.
4. Crush the garlic and add to a big pan with some water. Fry lightly.
5. Then add the vegetables and dried fruit to the pan and fry for a few minutes, ago adding the herbs. Take off the heat and put to one side to cool.
6. Blend the nuts in a food processor, keeping them chunky.
7. Mix all ingredients in a bowl with the buckwheat flour.
8. Press into a lined loaf tin.
9. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE RECIPE
Here is the link to the brownie recipe by Caitlin Shoemaker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyjPgmOB488
This is what I did specifically:
1 1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Blend the black beans, buckwheat flour, cocoa, chia seeds, and agave nectar in a food processor.
3. Add in and blend the chocolate buttons and 2tbsp of the almond milk.
4. Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Blend peanut butter, dates and almond milk until smooth (sorry I didn’t measure this). Spread this over the brownie mixture.
6. Bake for 20-23 minutes in the oven.
HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 🎄🎅🏻
Remember to tag me on INSTAGRAM @veganhollyg if you make a VEGAN CHRISTMAS DINNER!
Please COMMENT down below if you try any of the recipes, LIKE this video + SUBSCRIBE for new VIDEOS EVERY WEEK!
I’M IN A BOOK! Find my recipe in the new ‘Vegan Bowls for Vegan Souls’ cookbook by Coconut Bowls!
Get 5% discount off the cookbook using the discount code veganhollyg | https://eu.coconutbowls.com/collectio…
Get 10% discount when you purchase from Coconut Bowls using the discount code HOLLY10 following this link | http://www.coconutbowls.com?aff=34
001 | Earthlings http://earthlings.com/
002 | Cowspiracy http://www.cowspiracy.com
003 | Forks over Knives https://www.forksoverknives.com
004 | Food Choices http://www.foodchoicesmovie.com
005 | Gary Yourofsky – The Best Speech You Will Ever Hear
Meanwhile you can follow me on all my social media accounts:
Snapchat | hollygw
Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/veganhollyg/
Twitter | https://twitter.com/veganhollyg
Pinterest | https://uk.pinterest.com/veganhollyg/
Music Credits | Jingle Bells Instrumental Jazz