Repeat after me: No more mushy rice! No more mushy rice! I’ve been using this brown rice cooking technique for years, and it never fails.
A few reasons to love this recipe:
- You don’t need a rice cooker or any special equipment (just a pot with a lid, and a kitchen stove).
- You can use this technique on any type of brown rice (long, medium or short grain, as long as it’s not a quick-cooking variety).
- It’s so easy to remember, you’ll never need to look up how to cook brown rice again.
For this technique, you’ll boil your rice in an abundance of water for 30 minutes. Drain off the excess water, return the rice to the pot, cover, and let the rice steam for 10 minutes. Ta da! Perfect brown rice, every time.
I originally found this technique on Saveur, and I’m so thankful I did. Their recipe calls for 12 cups of water (that’s a lot) per cup of rice, and I’ve learned that it really only needs 6 cups.
However, you don’t actually have to measure the water as long as you’re using a large enough pot. If too much water evaporates during the cooking process, just add more and return the water to a boil. Your rice will still turn out perfectly!
- Drew Rosenhaus: We’re still trying to come up with a helmet solution for Antonio Brown August 19, 2019The Raiders think it’s time for Antonio Brown to Schutt or get off the pot. As explained by his agent, Antonio Brown doesn’t agree that the time has c […]
- Newcastle Knights enforcer David Klemmer refutes Nathan Brown's claims of 'Origin hangover' August 18, 2019Newcastle Knights and NSW Blues front-rower David Klemmer has refuted claims of an 'Origin' hangover - and says the rep period is no excuse […]
- Tatum, Brown to soon reach new heights: Baynes August 18, 2019Former Boston Celtics centre Aron Baynes is expecting two of his ex-teammates to reach NBA superstar status in coming years but wants to assert his au […]
- It’s time for the Raiders to send Antonio Brown a strong message August 18, 2019NAPA, Calif. — But I’ll say it anyway: The Raiders should put Brown on notice today by sending him the dreaded “five-day letter,” which every agent an […]
- Agent Drew Rosenhaus responds to Mike Mayock's Antonio Brown statement August 18, 2019The Raiders sent a well-coordinated shot across Antonio Brown’s bow Sunday afternoon, after the superstar wide receiver left training camp frustrated […]