- 18 Vegan Goods at ALDI You Need to Know About January 21, 2019This German-based grocery chain expanded to the East Coast of the US in 1976 and since then, has slowly gained a cult-following thanks to its innovative, house-brand products and affordable prices. Now with over 60 locations in California, and more plant-based options than ever before, this store has us getting in on the craze and […]
- Free Vegan Tailgating Party Launches for Super Bowl January 20, 2019All-vegan Super Bowl tailgating pop-up #VeganAtTheGame will launch on February 1 and 2 in Atlanta, GA. The free, curated event hosted by chef and activist Kimberly Barnes will feature Atlanta’s top vegan chefs, influencers, vendors, giveaways, music, and games. The chef lineup will include 14-year-old vegan Shi La Chef and caterer Nathan Akeem. Chef Barnes […]
- 6 Helpful Tips for Going Vegan January 20, 2019Thinking of going vegan? If so, congratulations—you’re making the right decision! However, what happens if you want to switch to a plant-based diet but you don’t know where to begin? Even long-time vegans remember the days when we weren’t sure how to read labels or were confused by ingredients with six consonants in a row. […]
- All NYC Public Hospitals Now Serve Vegan Meals January 20, 2019NYC Health + Hospitals―the largest municipal hospital and healthcare system in the United States―recently launched Meatless Mondays at all 11 of its public acute-care hospitals. This initiative comes after vegan Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams called on all hospitals to sign on to the Meatless Monday pledge, an international campaign focused on improving the […]
- Vegan Baking Show Debuts for Veganuary and Beyond January 19, 2019Vegan baking show Bake Vegan Stuff With Sara Kidd is premiering on YouTube on January 23 in partnership with the month-long Veganuary campaign. Hosted by vegan cake designer and baker Sara Kidd, the vibrant, retro-themed series will teach viewers how to make vegan cakes, muffins, pastries, and cookies with ease. The 15-minute episodes will air […]
- पंजाबी भिंडी कढ़ी रेसिपी - Punjabi Bhindi Kadhi Recipe January 23, 2019पंजाबी भिंडी कढ़ी रेसिपी में दही की करी बनाई जाती है और उसमे भिंडी का प्रयोग किया जाता है. हर उत्तर भारतीय घर में कढ़ी बनाई जाती है, लेकिन यहाँ हमने उसको भिंडी डालकर ट्विस्ट दिया है. अगर आप कुछ अलग बनाना चाहते है, तो इस कढ़ी को जरूर अपने रोज के खाने के लिए […]
- पाण्डु मिरापाकया पचड़ी रेसिपी - Andhra Red Chilli Chutney Recipe January 23, 2019पाण्डु मिरापाकया पचड़ी रेसिपी एक आंध्रा रेसिपी है जिसमे लाल मिर्च की चटनी बनाई जाती है. इस चटनी को बनाने के लिए बहुत कम सामग्री की आवश्यकता होती है. आप इस चटनी को अपने खाने के साथ या इडली, डोसा, उत्तपम, पनियारम के साथ भी परोस सकते है. पाण्डु मिरापाकया पचड़ी रेसिपी को घी रोस्ट […]
- Sarson Saag Pulao Recipe-Spinach Mustard Greens Pulao January 23, 2019Sarson Saag Pulao Recipe is a simple one pot dish. Made with all the mixed greens, this dish is highly nutritious and tasty. The addition of spinach leaves, bathua leaves and mustard leaves along with aromatic spices brings immense taste and nutrition to this pulao. Did you know that One cup of mustard greens yields over […]
- Kela Matar ki Sabzi Recipe - Raw Banana Green Peas Stir Fry November 8, 2018Kela Matar Ki Sabzi is a Jain Style no onion, no garlic recipe. It is a simple recipe which is made with boiled raw bananas and stir frying them them with boiled green peas and cumin seeds and dry spice powders of cumin and coriander seeds. Steamed or boiled green bananas are some of the […]
- Jowar Jo Dodo Recipe - Sindhi Sorghum Roti October 10, 2018Jowar Jo Dodo Recipe is a authentic Sindhi recipe of a gluten free flatbread with sorghum as the star ingredients. 'Juvar' is the Sindhi term for the word Jowar/Sorghum. The Jowar Jo Dodo dough is loaded with fresh greens like methi leaves and coriander leaves. The dough also includes green chillies that lend some heat to […]
Virtual Thanksgiving Dinner collaborators.
Thanks to everyone who added their special recipe to this collaboration.
Hilah Cooking – Brussels Sprouts http://youtu.be/hulIsOd_bHU
Lady Yum Yum – Holiday Vegetable Wellington http://youtu.be/VFDbtj3aVcU
Cooking With Jack – Deep Fried Turkey http://youtu.be/Q38l5ORtOWc
Chef Tips – Potato Stack http://youtu.be/Me0VmnBgcCM
YoYomax12 – Colourful Corn Cookies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96oOHtdeMj8
Diva’s Can Cook – Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake http://youtube.com/divascancook
*Caitlin Cooks – Butternut Squash Pasta Shells
Holiday Veggie Wellington – serves 8-10 people
2 sheets Puff pastry
6 medium or 2 large Portobello Mushrooms
8 cups Stuffing or stale Bread Cubes
1.5 cups diced Celery
1.5 cups diced Onion
1 cup Veggie Sausage
1 tbsp fresh Sage or 2 teaspoons of dried ground Sage.
2 tsp dried Thyme
Approximately 2 cups of Veggie Stock
6 cups of Chopped kale
1 large Sweet Potato or Yam
2 tbsp Olive oil
1/8 cup Red wine- optional
Salt and pepper
First place puff pastry on parchment paper to thaw. When thawed unfold and roll out into one large sheet.
Prepare All veggies to stuff the Wellington:
Mushrooms -Slice Portobello mushrooms. Season with salt. Sauté in olive oil until browned on both sides. Add about 1/8 cup of wine and sauté until no moisture is left.
Stuffing- Sauté celery and onions until onions are clear (sometimes I use carrot or parsnips too). Add sausage and cook for a few minutes. Add veggie/sausage mixture to the stuffing. Add sage and thyme (or seasoning mix if stuffing came with it). Be careful to check commercial stuffing mix it often includes chicken flavoring which vegetarians and vegans don’t eat). Slowly add stock about 1/2 cup at a time until bread is moist but not wet. Add salt and pepper to taste. You will only use about half of this stuffing in the Wellington.
Leeks- Slice the white parts of the Leeks and sauté in approximately 1 tbsp of olive oil until caramelized ( about 20 minutes). Add sugar if you want more sweetness. Season with salt.
Kale- steam kale until it is bright green. (about 5 minutes) then drain it.
Sweet Potatoes- Thinly sliced. (about 1/4 inch thick) the Sweet potatoes.
Place the puff pastry on a Silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Now layer the vegetables on to the puff pastry. First the mushrooms, then the stuffing, caramelized leeks, kale and finally the sweet potatoes. Fold over the ends of the puff pastry and then the sides so the veggies are completely covered. Score the top and poke a couple of holes in it so steam can escape. Chill the Wellington for at least an hour. It can also be frozen at this point (no need to thaw before cooking).
Bake at 425 for 15 minute then reduce the heat to 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until puff pastry is nicely browned.