The post Hello, Shorts Season! Show Off A Perky Behind With This Summer Booty Workout (Video) appeared first on Peaceful Dumpling.
A sculpted booty goes perfectly with all those cute swimsuits and shorts you’ll be wearing in the summer heat! Exercises like weighted squats and deadlifts are excellent multitasking moves that will build your glutes along with your leg muscles, but if you’re looking to target your butt without bulking out your legs too much, you should dedicate time for these bodyweight only exercises. We will hit all three glute muscles (maximus, medius and minimus) to create a strong, lifted and toned buttocks. Try these 5 exercises at least twice a week for the sculpted summer booty you’ve always wanted!
Lunge To Curtsy Lunge
Start in a lunge position with your left foot in front and your right foot in back. Clasp your hands in front of your chest. Your right heel is lifted off the ground with the right knee under your right hip. Your left knee should stay in line with your left heel. Straighten your left leg slightly to take the weight off of your back leg as you step your right foot at a diagonal behind your left leg for your curtsy lunge. Reverse the motion to go back to your regular lunge position to complete one rep. Never fully straighten your supporting leg to allow for constant activation of your muscles. Repeat the lunge to curtsy lunge 20 times on each leg.
Kneel with your hands on your hips. Lean over to your left side placing your left fingertips on the ground. Squeeze your glutes as you bring your right knee up to hip height. Keep your weight centered above your supporting knee. With your right leg still bent, knee in line with your right hip, lower your thigh down towards the ground about halfway. Squeeze your glutes to lift your knee back up to hip height. Continue to lower and lift your right leg for 20 reps. Hold your leg up on the last rep and burn out with an extra 10 little pulses at the top. Do 2 sets of 20 on each side.
Single Leg Glute Bridge
Lie down with your legs bent and feet on the ground. Keep your arms straight by your sides with palms on the ground. Lift your right leg up, keeping a bend in your knee. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips straight up into the air. Try to keep your hips square the entire time. Lower your hips back down to the ground and repeat. Do 2 sets of 20 reps on each side.
Lie on the ground with your legs in a turned out position and the soles of your feet together. Allow your knees to fall down to your sides and bring your heels as close to your bottom as possible. Make fists with your hands and bend your elbows, placing them on the ground by your sides for support. Bring your chin to your chest as you curl your head and neck off the ground. Squeeze your glutes to lift your hips as high as you can off the ground in this turned out position. Lower your hips back down and immediately contract your glutes to lift them up again. Do 2 sets of 20 reps.
Get down on all fours with your shoulders over your wrists and your hips over knees. Keep your core engaged so that your lower back doesn’t sag. Doing your best to keep your torso square and stable, squeeze your right glute to lift your right knee up to hip height. Imagine stamping your right heel up on the ceiling or sky above you. Slowly lower your knee back down and repeat. Do 2 sets of 20 reps on each leg, holding your leg up after each set and pulsing for an extra 10.
What other exercises do you like to do to fire up your glutes?
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Video: Crystal Chin
The view other posts like this on Peaceful Dumpling.
- Video platform Kaltura adds advanced analytics July 1, 2019You may not be familiar with Kaltura‘s name, but chances are you’ve used the company’s video platform at some point or another, given that it offers a […]
- Kareem Hunt Video with Cops After 'Small Argument' with Friend July 1, 2019TMZ Sports has obtained video of NFL star Kareem Hunt talking with several police officers this weekend in Cleveland after a night of partying after a […]
- Verizon: Zoom Video Deal Highlights Challenges To Wireline Business July 1, 2019Verizon announced a partnership with Zoom Video Communications Inc. Effort represents a response to the wave of cord-cutting business voice customers […]
- Video game systems could cost shoppers $840M more this holiday season, console makers say June 27, 2019No good news for gamers from the elf on store shelves. Tariffs on imports from China could price one-fourth of U.S. families out of the market to buy […]
- DisplayPort 2.0 launches, promising 8K video support by late 2020 June 26, 2019While U.S. broadcasters are still mired in 1080p, foreign markets are already looking at 8K video—and that’s exactly what the new generation of Displa […]