The Gujarati Patras also known as Alu Vadi’s is a delicious preparation which is made using colocasia leaves that has a sweet and tangy gram flour mixture spread on them and rolled in a special way to form a pinwheel.
Traditionally, Patra is made from colocasia leaves and many a times they are seasonal and are not readily available in most parts of India or even parts of the world. I used to find it hard to make this delicacy during my stay in Boston and my mother in law gave me a brilliant idea of using large spinach leaves instead that were available in abundance in the market. I hope you enjoy making this delicacy as much as I have enjoyed sharing this family favourite.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Gujarati Recipes for your everyday meals:
- PM Modi addresses Public Meeting at Patan, Gujarat April 21, 2019Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a large public meeting in the Gujarati city of Patan this morning. Speaking at length about the significance of […]
- Gujarati play 'Raavto' is an entertaining tale of love and betrayal delivered with poise April 20, 2019Cast - Priyank Gangwani, Sharvary Joshi, Rohit Prajapati, Prayag Barchha, Trishala Jhala and 7 others Rating – 4 stars Raavto, a Gujarati adaptation o […]
- Lokpal appointments: Gujarati flavour, Lotus fragrance April 19, 2019Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi? Who will win the battle royale of the Lok Sabha Elections 2019? Get real-time news updates, views and analysis on Lok S […]
- Author Pina Patel Celebrates Gujarati Food in New Cookbook, ‘My Mother’s Cooking’ April 17, 2019Indian American Bay Area resident Pina Patel came to the U.S. as a young child and was taught to prepare traditional Gujarati cuisine by her mother, a […]
- Latest Gujarati Song (Audio)'Royal Maldhari' Sung By Maldev Zapda April 16, 2019For all Gujarati music fans, check-out latest Gujarati song 'Royal Maldhari' sung by Maldev Zapda. Music of song Royal Maldhari by singer Ma […]