The Gujarati Patras also known as Alu Vadi’s is a delicious preparation which is made using colocasia leaves that has a sweet and tangy gram flour mixture spread on them and rolled in a special way to form a pinwheel.
Traditionally, Patra is made from colocasia leaves and many a times they are seasonal and are not readily available in most parts of India or even parts of the world. I used to find it hard to make this delicacy during my stay in Boston and my mother in law gave me a brilliant idea of using large spinach leaves instead that were available in abundance in the market. I hope you enjoy making this delicacy as much as I have enjoyed sharing this family favourite.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Gujarati Recipes for your everyday meals:
- JEE Main: HC junks petition seeking grace marks for Gujarati medium students June 26, 2019AHMEDABAD: The Gujarat high court on Wednesday dismissed a petition demanding grace marks for all Gujarati medium students citing two wrong questions […]
- JEE Main: HC dismisses petition seeking grace marks for Gujarati medium students June 26, 2019AHMEDABAD: The Gujarat high court on Wednesday dismissed a petition demanding grace marks for all Gujarati medium students citing two wrong questions […]
- International Gujarati Film Festival holds screenings in Edison June 25, 2019More than 150 invited guests from the Indian community in the Tri-State Area attended a meet-and-greet dinner gala banquet on June 14 at the TV Asia A […]
- Non-English Speakers Face Health Setback If Trump Loosens Language Rules June 24, 2019For example, notices in Wyoming must account for the 40 Gujarati speakers — a language of India — in the state. In all, the government said, the impac […]
- Why Snapchat doesn’t see Chinese apps like TikTok as real competition in India June 22, 2019To attract more users, Snapchat introduced messaging in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and Punjabi in April. “Snapchat launched ‘Discover in India’ (a feat […]