Starting on March 8, vegan sausage rolls from British convenience chain Gregg’s will be available at all of its 1,950 locations across the United Kingdom. The chain first debuted the option—which features 96 layers of puff pastry surrounding a Quorn-based vegan sausage—in January at 950 stores to much fanfare. The menu item stirred up a global Twitter storm after television commentator Piers Morgan attacked the new option. “Nobody was waiting for a vegan bloody sausage, you PC-ravaged clowns,” Morgan tweeted in response to the vegan sausage launch. Gregg’s quickly clapped back with the statement, “Oh hello, Piers. We’ve been expecting you,” in response to the well-known vegan critic. The media attention that followed sent customers rushing to try the new vegan option causing many Gregg’s locations to sell out of the vegan sausage roll. Luckily, in conjunction with the nationwide rollout of the popular option, Gregg’s launched a Vegan Sausage Roll locator tool that helps customers track down their new favorite vegan snack.
- Icon's LS7-Powered 1950 Buick Roadmaster Convertible Is for Sale on eBay March 20, 2019Icon 4x4 is famous for building some of the wildest custom cars around. In fact, people are so into founder Jonathan Ward's builds, that there […]
- March 20 - 1950: 103-year-old Cape Codder dies March 19, 2019Experts from the New England Aquarium and volunteers with the Cape Cod Stranding Network were able to save only three of the dolphins. These dolphins […]
- Man at center of 1950 Wythe County polio epidemic dies March 18, 2019John Seccafico’s diagnosis tore through town like a line drive to hell: polio. He was 20 months old in 1950 when he contracted the virus that destroye […]
- Horizontes Ciclo de Vida 1950 SA de SV FIRV March 18, 2019Horizontes Ciclo de Vida 1950 SA de SV FIRV is an open-end fund registered in Mexico. The Fund's objective is capital appreciation. The Fund inve […]
- James C. Frasca 1950-2019 March 16, 2019CROTON — James Carman Frasca, age 68, died Monday, March 4, 2019, at his home in Croton. James was born in 1950 in Warren. James was a graduate of Nil […]