Starting on March 8, vegan sausage rolls from British convenience chain Gregg’s will be available at all of its 1,950 locations across the United Kingdom. The chain first debuted the option—which features 96 layers of puff pastry surrounding a Quorn-based vegan sausage—in January at 950 stores to much fanfare. The menu item stirred up a global Twitter storm after television commentator Piers Morgan attacked the new option. “Nobody was waiting for a vegan bloody sausage, you PC-ravaged clowns,” Morgan tweeted in response to the vegan sausage launch. Gregg’s quickly clapped back with the statement, “Oh hello, Piers. We’ve been expecting you,” in response to the well-known vegan critic. The media attention that followed sent customers rushing to try the new vegan option causing many Gregg’s locations to sell out of the vegan sausage roll. Luckily, in conjunction with the nationwide rollout of the popular option, Gregg’s launched a Vegan Sausage Roll locator tool that helps customers track down their new favorite vegan snack.
- Detroit Tigers go winless in most embarrassing home stand since before 1950 May 23, 2019DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers just completed their most embarrassing home stand since before 1950. Detroit technically only went 0-9 on the home stand, […]
- Irish theatre since 1950: what we remember – and what we have forgotten May 17, 2019Picture the following scene. The Abbey Theatre is under attack for not producing enough plays by women. Detractors say that it’s out of touch with Iri […]
- Richard Saccuci 1950-2019 May 17, 2019On Saturday, April 27, 2109, Richard Saccuci, loving husband, father of three children and longtime resident of Phoenix, AZ, passed away at the age of […]
- Hatchery trucks in 1,950 pounds of catfish May 17, 2019Young anglers taking part in the annual fishing derby Saturday have had their odds improved considerably as close to 2,000 pounds worth of catfish wer […]
- Class Reunion, York High School Classes of 1949 & 1950 May 16, 2019YORK — York High School Classes of 1949 and 1950 will be meeting for a class reunion May 24 and 25. On Friday, May 24 members and guests will be meeti […]