Frozen yogurt franchise Orange Leaf reported a 6-percent increase in same-store sales in 2018, driven by its unique vegan soft-serve flavors. Last summer, the company collaborated with Jolly Ranchers to create two limited-time vegan soft-serve options, Blue Raspberry and Green Apple, that mimic the candy brand’s iconic flavors. In addition to strategic partnerships and new off-premises initiatives (such as delivery options), Orange Leaf President Kendall Ware explained that the biggest in-store gains were the result of its new vegan options. “Our differentiator was being the first frozen yogurt franchise to offer two of Jolly Ranchers’ most popular flavors as dairy-free froyo,” Orange Leaf President Kendall Ware said. “Our guests went crazy for it and our franchise partners are ready for us to bring it back.” In the meantime, Orange Leaf serves several other non-dairy flavors, including raspberry lemonade, pink lemonade, orange, lemon, lemon bar, and pineapple.
- UK bookstore chain Waterstones says it can't pay living wage March 26, 2019More than 1,300 writers including Kerry Hudson, David Nicholls, Sally Rooney, Michael Rosen and Val McDermid have backed a campaign for Waterstones bo […]
- This Is the Best Kid-Friendly Hotel Chain in America March 26, 2019As someone who’s turned traveling into my career, I’m a big fan of hotel loyalty programs — especially when compared to frequent flyer miles. While ai […]
- Supply Chain Business Accelerator Plays To Win March 26, 2019In the two years since Mike Zayonc founded the Plug and Play supply chain and logistics innovation platform, the Sunnyvale, California-based platform […]
- Unpaid taxes, abruptly closed locations, and employee rebellions: Inside the 6-year downfall of Michael Avenatti's coffee chain March 26, 2019Michael Avenatti's 2013 purchase of a struggling coffee chain is coming back to haunt the celebrity attorney. On Monday, federal prosecutors anno […]
- Millennials are ditching the chain store greeting card, and stores like Walmart and CVS are considering taking shelf space away March 26, 2019Boring greeting cards are going the way of VHS players and dial-up internet. Customers are no longer excited by the well-known pieces of card stock wi […]