Cheers! It’s peach season, which means it’s also bellini season. Bellinis are sparkling Italian cocktails made with two simple ingredients: Prosecco and peach purée. They’re fizzy and refreshing, with more body than your average cocktail.
Bellinis are easy to make, and perfect when you’re hosting brunch or soaking up a lazy summer weekend. They’re a fun alternative to a mimosa, and feel a little more fancy. Maybe because they’re Italian.
Too often, bellinis are made with overly sweet peach nectar or peach liqueur. My bellinis are made with real peach purée, which doesn’t need any added sugar to taste like a treat.
You can make bellinis with defrosted frozen peaches, too. You’ll find instructions for each option below. Are you ready to make bellinis this weekend?
- R.I. Spotlight: "Ripple Effect' ads use raw emotion to fight drunken driving July 19, 2019“When you lose your daughter, when you lose your son, you lose your wife or husband or a loved one, it not only affects that inner, nuclear family, it […]
- Frozen Peach Bellini July 19, 2019Uses your frozen peaches to make these frozen bellinis all summer (and, okay, fall too) long. Using frozen fruit instead of ice makes your cocktails s […]
- Paul Smith’s favourite chair July 18, 2019I spotted it at the shop [in Albemarle Street] and immediately stole it, as you do. The 412 CAB chair was designed by Mario Bellini [for Cassina], who […]
- Power 100 2019: Alessandra Bellini July 18, 2019To continue reading this article you need to be registered with Campaign. Registration is free and only takes a minute. Register here or sign in below […]
- Melbourne Opera Presents Bellini's Masterpiece NORMA From 17 September July 17, 2019Widely regarded as the pinnacle of bel-canto operas, Melbourne Opera's upcoming production of Norma boasts a superb cast of singers and musicians […]