Research in mice suggests that fermentation of flaxseed fibers in the gut changes the microbiota to improve metabolic health and protect against diet-induced obesity.
- This initiative to foster cooperation in food, health and sustainability research, was welcomed by the Institut Pasteur May 8, 2019Building on Isaac Carasso’s legacy to further research into the role of ferments in gut and overall health The announcement was welcomed by the Instit […]
- Danone: Marking 100 years since the creation of its first yogurt, Danone opens access to its historical collection of 1,800 strains May 8, 2019Building on Isaac Carasso’s legacy to further research into the role of ferments in gut and overall health The announcement was welcomed by the Instit […]
- Concrete decision: Stinson Vineyards ferments in an egg that’s hard to beat May 6, 2019I first encountered an ovoid concrete fermentation vessel at Austria’s innovative biodynamic winery Meinklang in 2004. Actually, there were a few of t […]
- Sap House Meadery ferments growth in Center Ossipee April 13, 2019CENTER OSSIPEE -- Sap House Meadery was founded in 2009 by cousins Ash Fischbein and Matt Trahan with the goal of helping to revitalize their hometown […]
- Era of extraction ‘is over’ in Central Otago March 29, 2019The days of highly extracted Pinot Noirs and overworked ferments in Central Otago are a thing of the past according to one key winery owner in the reg […]