Fattoush is a classic Mediterranean/Middle Eastern salad, with a distinct characteristic lent by herbs that are used not just as garnish or dressing, but the main ingredients making up the salad. This Fattoush also uses other classic Mediterranean ingredients like za’atar, and pomegranate molasses to lift the flavours and give them a typically Mediterranean punch.
Fattoush usually also features shredded bread or pita bread as an ingredient in the salad and this recipe uses za’atar sprinkled on the pita bread (or any other flatbread) before grilling it. This classic Middle Eastern salad makes a crunchy light side dish For a Lebanese/Mediterranean/Middle Eastern themes meal, or can be served in larger quantities to make a sumptuous lunch box item.
You may also enjoy some other typically salads from various parts of the world, like
- Lack of money, traditional expectations makes it more difficult for refugee women in Arizona to set up new lives June 14, 2019During the farmer’s market on Saturdays outside Phoenix Public Market downtown, Rodain Abo Zeed sets up a quaint stand filled with falafel, fattoush, […]
- A feast at Shish Palace in Rochester Hills with Nosh with Josh June 10, 2019Josh, who's half Lebanese, had his heart set on some chicken shawarma, but Moe had a bigger menu planned with all the staples - hummus, fattoush […]
- Montreal catering company empowers Syrian women June 9, 2019Les Filles Fattoush, a catering company that aims to help Syrian refugee women, is growing. The company employs the women and helps them integrate int […]
- A Group of Refugee Women Are Serving Syrian Cuisine at Jean-Talon All Summer June 7, 2019Les Filles Fattoush has been catering groups of up to 800 people for over a year — it was formed by a group of Syrian women who had difficulty finding […]
- Vine tomato fattoush with poached eggs and saffron yoghurt May 31, 2019Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius, or equivalent. Slice the pittas in half to make four thin rounds. Place the pittas on a nonstick sheet pan. Br […]