Falafel, a classic Middle Eastern recipe, made with chickpeas. You can bake or fry the falafels, both are crispy on the outside, but fluffy on the inside.
Falafel is one of those foods that everybody love. It’s also so convenient for vegans, as it’s available in pretty much every single country. It has saved my life while travelling so many times!
My favorite way to enjoy it is with pita bread, homemade yogurt sauce (you’ll also find an oil-free vegan yogurt sauce on the blog) and cooked or raw veggies (I use what it’s in season or what I have on hand).
- How to make the best falafel at home May 22, 2019This story originally appeared on The Nosher. If you’ve never made falafel from scratch, I’m here to say: It’s possible, and it’s delicious. I was def […]
- Bottled up: Pairing Mediterranean and Syrah May 22, 2019Rich flavors and aromas filled the air of the restaurant, and cumin, garlic, parsley, and shawarma and gyro rotisseries all bring back memories of my […]
- 5 things to know, including some falafel news May 22, 2019Falafel Corner held a soft opening Tuesday at 1004 J St. in downtown Sacramento, according to Sajad Shakoor, the restaurateur behind the chain. " […]
- Love falafel? Love waffles? Meet the fawaffle May 21, 2019It’s hard to beat the appeal of warm herby falafels – but the fawaffle might just do it. ‘The what?’, did we hear you say? If you haven’t come across […]
- The top 5 new falafel and shawarma joints in Toronto May 20, 2019Falafel and shawarma joints are in no short supply in Toronto, but we're still always getting new ones. These places are recently opened resource […]