Falafel, a classic Middle Eastern recipe, made with chickpeas. You can bake or fry the falafels, both are crispy on the outside, but fluffy on the inside.
Falafel is one of those foods that everybody love. It’s also so convenient for vegans, as it’s available in pretty much every single country. It has saved my life while travelling so many times!
My favorite way to enjoy it is with pita bread, homemade yogurt sauce (you’ll also find an oil-free vegan yogurt sauce on the blog) and cooked or raw veggies (I use what it’s in season or what I have on hand).
- Baked falafel with grated zucchini March 22, 2019We make these falafel, and variations of them, regularly in our house. They take some time to come together, as the chickpeas need to be soaked and th […]
- Falafel Recipe March 21, 2019Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas (also try: black eyed peas or lentils! in filtered water overnight, 8 to 24 hours. Make sure they are covered by about 1 1/ […]
- Frying falafel at home is worth the practice March 19, 2019When was the last time you literally jumped with joy in the kitchen? You know, when you make a dish so good you find yourself hopping up and down in b […]
- A Late-Night Falafel Standby in Cambridge Has Revamped and Reopened March 19, 2019Moody’s Falafel Palace (25 Central Square, Cambridge), a longtime late-night destination that closed last fall, has reopened as Aleppo Palace. MK Seff […]
- Crispy herbed falafel makes frying at home worth it March 18, 2019When was the last time you literally jumped with joy in the kitchen? You know, when you make a dish so good you find yourself hopping up and down in b […]