If you’re looking for new cabbage recipes, this recipe is a great alternative to slaw or stuffed cabbage. When cabbage is cooked down, as it is here, it becomes a very tender, almost buttery, sweet vegetable. Called Ye’tikil gomen be’timatim in Ethiopian, it’s perfect to serve with inejra or Quick Teff Crêpes.
Continuing reading Ethiopian Stewed Seasoned Cabbage in Golden Tomato Sauce on VegKitchen
- Kale and cabbage kuku with pine nuts recipe May 18, 2019Cabbage is so underrated. I use cabbage in so many ways – from salads, rice and pasta to pies, stir-fries and so much more. This is a delicious take o […]
- Cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli harbour prostate cancer inhibiting compound May 18, 2019An organic compound found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower can inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells by activ […]
- How to make stir fried hispi cabbage with cashews and chilli May 17, 2019Hispi cabbage is sweet and mild with pale green leaves that you could happily eat raw. But equally, hispi can handle heat in a gratin with lashings of […]
- Broccoli, cabbage and kale: leafy green hosts of a cancer-preventing molecule May 16, 2019Your mother always said they were good for you. She was right. Researchers have found that these cruciferous vegetables contain a molecule with the ab […]
- Cabbage Patch dolls and engineering degree helped launch an ICAN award winner May 15, 2019Nancy Pridal said she can thank an assorted lot for nudging her on a path leading to a top engineering role held by few Nebraska women. Among those in […]