Easy Vegan Roll Up Recipes – Need some new Summer lunch and snack ideas? Try these roll ups! I've also included my recipes for Vegan 1000 Island dressing and an easy homemade Ricotta below 🙂
↠ Homemade Vegan Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
2 tbsp vegan mayo
2 tbsp plain unsweetened vegan yogurt (I use Kite Hill)
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
5-6 grinds of black pepper
Combine ingredients in a container with a lid. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds and serve.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to a week 🙂
↠ Vegan Patty Melt Roll Ups:
1/2 of a small onion
pinch of salt
2 large tortillas
Vegan Thousand Island
1-2 frozen veggie burgers
1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese
To make the caramelized onions:
Thinly slice the onions and sauté with 2 tbsp of water (or 1 tbsp of oil) for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a big pinch of salt and once the onions start to caramelize on the bottom on the pan, add an extra splash of water to deglaze, using a wooden spoon to gently scrape the bottom of the pan. Cook until golden brown and softened. This should take roughly 10 minutes.
In the meantime, make the Vegan Thousand Island. Recipe above.
Next, thaw or microwave veggie burgers for 1-2 minutes. Then chop or gently mash with a fork to create crumbles, and set aside.
Next, warm the tortillas and add a generous layer of 1000 Island to the entire surface. Add the crumbled veggie burgers on top, along with caramelized onions and vegan cheese. Roll into a tight log, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
I microwave each roll up for 20 seconds to melt the cheese but if you want it more “patty melt-y” then transfer the roll up to a warm frying pan with a touch of vegan butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip, and repeat on the other side.
Slice or cut into pinwheels and serve with ketchup and the remaining 1000 Island Dressing.
Shredded lettuce, pickles, and chopped tomatoes are all nice additions to these roll ups. It makes it taste even more like a burger.
I use mashed avocado with a pinch of salt on the tortilla instead of 1000 Island sometimes, and I also really like finely diced red onions instead of caramelized onions sometimes too. It adds a sharper flavor and compliments the creaminess of the melted cheese 🙂
If you want a really beefy flavor, use the Beyond Meat burgers, or the Gardein Beefless Crumbles. Cook according to package directions.
↠ Mediterranean Veggie Roll Up
2 large zucchini
3-4 tsp vegetable oil
4 tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tbsp dried rosemary
4 large tortillas
Vegan Ricotta (recipe below)
10-12 basil leaves
Cut zucchini into wedges. Drizzle with oil and season generously with salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and rosemary. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, make the ricotta.
Spread a thick layer of ricotta onto a warmed tortillas. Top with zucchini, lots of fresh basil, sun -dried tomatoes, and black pepper. Roll and serve with warmed marinara sauce.
↠ Easy Vegan Ricotta Cheese Recipe
1 package of firm tofu
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp dried Oregano
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
the juice of half of a large lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
Drain the water from the tofu package, and transfer to a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until very smooth and serve 🙂
↠ Banana Split Roll Up
2 large ripe bananas
3/4 of a cup vegan chocolate chips**
1 handful roasted, salted peanuts
2 large tortillas
4 tbsp raspberry jam
vegan whipped cream
Chop the peanuts and place on a plate.
Melt chocolate chips and coat each banana very generously. Then immediately roll in the peanuts and freeze for 15 minutes to harden.
In the meantime, warm the tortillas and spread a thick layer on jam on top.
Place one banana in he center and roll up. Cut in half or int pinwheels and top with vegan whipped cream and the remaining chocolate sauce if desired.
** = use 1 cup of chocolate chips if you want extra for drizzling on top. If not, 3/4 of a cup is plenty.
Microwave the chocolate chips in 10 second intervals, it should only take between 2-4 times depending on your microwave, and stir in between to avoid over heating.
Remove from the microwave before it looks fully melted and stir until smooth and creamy. This is great for making chocolate covered strawberries too 🙂
Hope you love these easy vegan lunch and snack ideas! I can't wait to hear which roll up recipe you try first!
↠ Other Places You Can Find Me 🙂
- 27 Uniquely LA Ice Cream, Gelato And Paleta Peddlers July 19, 2019They also make their own frozen, chocolate-dipped bananas. Cash only. 6333 W. 3rd St., Ste. 548, Beverly Grove. Plenty of places do shaved ice but tru […]
- Chocolate covered key lime bites are too cute July 9, 2019These mini frozen key lime pies get covered in chocolate for extra decadence ... Enjoy this recipe on this episode of Best Bites. Go bananas over bana […]
- Edible Arrangements' Massive $2,000 Fruit Bouquet Is Exactly What Your Next Summer Party Needs June 8, 2019semisweet chocolate-dipped bananas, and white chocolate-dipped strawberries with dark swizzle. About that hefty price tag: When you do the math, you […]
- Frozen Chocolate-Dipped Banana Pops June 7, 2019This year I've gone super simple with my Pesach recipes, and in keeping with that theme, here's an oldie but a goodie: chocolate-covered fro […]
- Miley Cyrus covers her naked chest with grapefruit and puts a banana to her crotch June 4, 2019The star got down and dirty with a banana holding it up to her crotch while covered in glitter slime. The caption read, 'SHE CAME. SHE CONQUERED. […]