Dhoka'r Dalna Recipe: A typical Bengali niramish (without onion and garlic) delicacy. The word 'dhoka' means 'betrayal', so this dish is common on days when families eat a vegetarian fare, and trick themselves into believing the lentil cake, made flavourful with spices, coconut, peanuts, etc., is actually meat! 🤷🏽♀️ It is a rather typical Bengali treat, cooked for guests and special occasions.
🖨️ Download dhoka printable:
🥘 RECIPE WITH INGREDIENT LIST 📝
Chhana'r polao: [ COMING SOON! ]
🔪CURIOUS ABOUT OUR KITCHEN POTS & PANS? 🍳
👕 GET THE BONG EATS PHUCHKA T-SHIRT!
"Chowringhee" © Bong Eats, composed by Bemanan
🎧 GET THE ALBUM (© for listening only)
👨🏽🍳 Cooking Bong Eats recipes? 👩🏽🍳
📸SHOW US YOUR PHOTOS!
Or follow us on Twitter @bongeats | Facebook @bongeats
- Poila Boithak celebrates Bengali New Year with a musical soiree May 12, 2019Commenting on the event Nisha Narayanan, COO RED FM said, At RED FM, we believe in celebrating every festival to the fullest and we know how special B […]
- Bangladesh High Commission celebrates Bengali New Year with enthusiasm April 15, 2019New Delhi (India ... to mark the first day of the New Year as per the Bengali calendar. ‘Pohela Boishakh’ is observed by Bengalis all across the world […]
- Kurry Accent - A tasty start to the Bengali New Year April 15, 2019Kurry Accent, The Indian Fine Dine has lined up a delectable array of Opar Bangla delicacies in its Jamidari Mahabhoj Thali to make it a memorable Pah […]
- Bengali New Year special: Erica Fernandes and Niti Taylor wish their fans on this special occasion April 15, 2019On the occasion of Shubho Nobo Borsho aka Bengali New Year, several television celebrities have wished their fans and viewers. Popular TV actress Eric […]
- Bengali New Year/ Poila Baisakhi/Pahela Baisakhi- The Essence of Bengal April 13, 2019This is one special celebration in which all Bengalis ... and is celebrated with a lot of pomp. This marks the New Year and is one of the biggest fest […]