This Curried Tofu Banh Mi is Delicious, refreshing and comes together within 30 mins. Easy Vegan Banh Mi Sandwich with coconut curry sauce! Vegan Nutfree Recipe. Can be glutenfree. Jump to Recipe
Start the Summer with this refreshing Banh mi Sandwich! Baguette or bread, pickled veggies, seared tofu with curry spices, coconut curry sauce, all made from scratch! assembled as you like and served.
What is Banh Mi ?
A banh mi sandwich is Vietnamese snack sandwich with many textures and flavors, spicy, sweet, herby, tangy and a mouthful. there are many variations of banh mi with various proteins, marinades and such. A common banh mi consists of a baguette filled with pickled carrots, cucumber, radish/daikon, cilantro, mayo/other creamy dressing, and a protein. I use tofu for my protein and marinate it with curry spices and coconut cream. Instead of mayo, I use a creamy coconut curry sauce. You can use vegan mayo and veggies and herbs that you have. Lets make this amazing Tofu Banh Mi!
- The Art of Vietnamese Steamed Noodles June 20, 2019It was the first step in making banh cuon, a Vietnamese sheet noodle steamed on cloth, then rolled with finely minced fillings like pork and mushroom. […]
- Hun Sen’s journey to seek Vietnamese allies marked June 20, 2019Ben Sokhean / Khmer Times No Comments Share: Defense Minister General Tea Banh and Senior Defence Ministry officials with thousands of people today ga […]
- GEORGE WILL: Oberlin College has graduated from self-caricature to disgrace June 19, 2019It has, however, long since become a byword for academic self-caricature, where students protest, among many microaggressions, the food service’s inse […]
- Banh marks anniversary of PM’s ‘struggle’ June 19, 2019Minister of National Defence Tea Banh will commemorate the 42nd anniversary of Prime Minister Hun Sen’s struggle to reach Vietnam and return with troo […]
- Summer of sandwiches: Here is Tucson's best bánh mì June 19, 2019Bánh mì, how do I love thee. Let me count the ways ... I love how every bánh mì has a different collection of brilliantly fatty meats, often indiscern […]