Crispy Vegan Smashed Potatoes with Chimichurri. These Smashed potatoes are baked to a crisp and served with fresh homemade parsley chimichurri. Vegan Glutenfree Nutfree Soyfree Recipe Jump to Recipe
Crispy from the outside and buttery inside is how all potatoes should be! These crispy smashed potatoes make a great side with a meal. Serve these right out of the oven with dressings such as chimichurri or pesto or just some garlic.
I use yukon gold or white potatoes. They get pressure cooked (saucepan instructions are also listed), then smashed and baked. These smashed potatoes are best served fresh. If planning to make ahead, then preboil, smash and refrigerate and bake when needed.
You can use various flavors and toppings with these smashed potatoes other than chimichurri, a simple basil pesto, some minced garlic and black pepper, vegan parm and garlic, tahini sauce, spices such as chili blend or cajun. Baby Potatoes work best here. But you can use regular size as well. Just slice into quarters and smash and bake!
- Homemade harissa sauce sparks ordinary grilled chicken June 19, 2019I usually stock several versions of harissa in jars in the fridge. Like salsa or chimichurri, harissa proves a great condiment to serve alongside gril […]
- ‘Vegetables Illustrated’ sure has a lot of meat recipes June 16, 2019This massive tome puts vegetables front-and-center. It’s just that some of the “vegetable” recipes are dishes like beef enchiladas, chicken mole and s […]
- A Caribbean Food Truck Is Moving Into Capitol Hill’s Brewpub For the Summer June 13, 2019Qui Qui, a Caribbean fusion food truck and catering company, will bring its smashed plantains, tostones, and chimichurri-coated meats to Barracks Row […]
- Drew Carney's summer favorite recipes: Coffee-Rubbed Ribeye Steaks w/Chimichurri Sauce June 13, 2019PORTLAND, Ore. — (Tap here if you are viewing this story on the KGW app.) Once again, KGW Sunrise anchor Drew Carney asked viewers to submit their fav […]
- Get New Orleans-style seafood with a Southeast Asian twist when Girl Diver opens in Reynoldstown later this year June 12, 2019Grilled octopus with cilantro aioli and confit baby potatoes. Wagyu skirt steak with Thai-style chimichurri potatoes. Roasted cauliflower with avocado […]