Learn the secrets to crispy fried Brussels sprouts PLUS which oil to use to keep it healthy. Science shows that vegetable oils should be avoided… read the blog post (link below) to learn more about our favorite frying & cooking oil on a healthy keto diet.
We really like this deep fryer by T-fal that we're using in the video. It makes clean up incredibly easy.
Our food processor has been a workhorse. Our model is no longer sold, but here's the one I've got my eye on and would replace it with if it ever breaks.
In the video, you'll notice that we are placing our finished fried Brussels in a colander that's been set inside of a bowl with paper towels in the bowl. We found that this allows the oil to run down through to the bottom of the bowl and helps the fried Brussels sprouts be super crisp.
Here's a colander much like the one we're using if you don't have something that will work already:
If you don't already have something that will work…My tip is to grab a tape measure and measure your bowls and then look on amazon for something that will work… or take a bowl out shopping with you…. or start with your colander and then buy a bowl that will work 🙂 We think this extra step is worth it.
These fried brussels sprouts will store in an airtight sealed container either on the counter or in the fridge for a few days. We can't tell you beyond a few days because 2 days is the max amount of time these stay around the house.
Nom, nom, nom!!
We can't wait for you to make these!! Check out the blog post for more cooking tips & oil tips plus a printable recipe for the sprouts.
Free FB support group
If you'd like extra support & advice, take a peek at my membership program.
We are affiliates for many products we love & use…Why affiliate links? They help support my Vlog 🙂
Thank you for considering using my affiliate links. How do they work? When you click on them and make a purchase, my blog gets a small % as a kickback for referring you based off the total dollar amount in your cart. This costs you nothing extra and is a free (to you) way to help support my blog & help me afford to continue to be able to experiment and develop recipes. Thank you so much for considering using my Amazon (and other) affiliate links.
Here's a few things we discuss often:
Direct access lab testing (Get an advanced lipid panel!)
(for a $20 coupon!)
Kettle & Fire (The BEST bone broth other than homemade)
Keto Mojo (Ketosis blood test)
Meal Planner Download
Red light (We use this daily!!)
Thank you for helping to make these keto recipes possible and free!
Want more? Leave your comments below with your recipe requests!
Visit my website at www.wholebodyliving.com to find out more about me and what I’ve been up to lately.
Order Essential Oils: www.oils.wholebodyliving.com
Tara Wright, Whole Body Living, LLC and Tara's Keto Kitchen provide information on this YouTube Channel and associated website regarding healthy living, recipes, nutrition, and diet which are intended for informational purposes only.
The information provided is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment nor is it to be construed as such. Although every effort is made, information and research can change rapidly. We cannot guarantee that the information provided reflects the most up-to-date medical research. Information is provided without any representations or warranties of any kind. Please consult a qualified physician for medical advice, and always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider before making any changes to your nutrition or exercise program.
Young Living Independent Distributor #1433705
As a Young Living Independent Distributor I earn from qualifying purchases.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you so much for choosing to purchase through me!
- THE RECIPE BOX – A balanced diet leads to healthy lifestyle June 19, 2019Cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, kale, garden cress, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and similar green-leaf vegetables ... Yo […]
- You can roast, saute or bake Brussels sprouts, but restaurant patrons only want them fried June 18, 2019New York Magazine in 2007 called them a must-order at Momofuku Ssam Bar. Gourmet published the recipe the same year. By 2011, fried Brussels sprouts w […]
- Recipe Swap: Author offers a master recipe for fried rice June 14, 2019For the fried-rice recipe, variations include shrimp, broccoli and water chestnuts; tofu, carrots and celery; pork, Brussels sprouts and mushrooms; an […]
- Taste of the Town in Oakbrook Terrace: Brook's Kitchen & Tap amps up flavor June 14, 2019noting recipes range from nostalgic to a little more contemporary. "Lamb Stroganoff is one of our most popular dishes," she said. "We a […]
- Snuff out the Brussels sprouts before healthy eating kills me June 13, 2019I only have one more case of Brussels sprouts ice cream to choke down before we eat real food again. share recipes with Cole at burtseyeview@tribtoday […]