Fresh green peas are tossed with parsley, red onion, smoky tempeh bacon, and creamy dairy-free ranch dressing to make this lovely vegan pea salad.
If you aren’t from certain regions of the United States, you might be asking, “what on earth is pea salad?” as several of my friends did before I gave them a sample of this amazing vegan pea salad.
When in doubt, apply the standard formula: take a vegetable, drown it in mayo, and then add a little bit of cheese for good measure. 😀
But this is Yup, it’s Vegan, after all, so I’ve got an actually healthy pea salad for you that’s made from whole plant-based foods and full of nutrients!
You’ll only need a few simple things:
- Fresh or frozen green peas
- My easy vegan ranch made from hemp seeds and cashews (or your favorite plant-based ranch)
- Red onion and parsley
- Tempeh bacon or a smoky plant-based protein/nut of your choosing, such as tofu bacon or blackened chickpeas.
- Speedy creamy fettuccine with lemon recipe June 20, 2019This is simple but luxurious (it’s rich so you don’t need a huge serving). Add cooked broccoli, shreds of parma ham, lardons (tossing them in at the l […]
- 4 ways to make your soup creamy without adding milk June 20, 2019A hot bowl of soup is one of the ultimate comfort foods to have especially during winter. And with today’s focus on healthy eating, soups have changed […]
- Cooking with Kyle: Creamy red skin dill potato salad June 17, 2019This potato salad recipe is perfect for summer and compliments any gathering. The recipe serves 12-16. Don’t plan on having leftovers. It is a sure hi […]
- How to make grilled summer vegetables with creamy shallot dressing June 16, 2019Fire up the grill for a sizzling good grilled-vegetable platter. These make a great side dish or can shine on their own as a meatless main. Serves: 4 […]
- Bonefish Grill’s Imperial dip a creamy mix of shrimp, scallops and crab June 14, 2019Q Could you possibly get the recipe for Bonefish Grill’s Imperial dip? It is extremely addicting. It’s made with crab, shrimp, scallops and cheese. — […]