To use leftover bread, I often make French toast or croutons. This week, I had a little more stale bread than usual, so I decided to make some bread pudding. Bread pudding is a fairly compact and moist dessert, made from leftover (or brioche) bread. The bread is mixed with eggs, sugar, butter, and milk, then baked. I decided to revisit my grandmother’s classic dish by replacing the traditional raisins with chocolate chips.
- Krispy Kreme, Panera Bread owner learns of family's Nazi ties March 26, 2019The family who owns several well-known businesses including Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Panera Bread learned that their ancestors supported Hitler and […]
- The Krispy Kreme and Panera Bread Owners Make Donations For Family's Nazi-Supporting Past March 26, 2019The family that owns Krispy Kreme, Panera Bread, Peet’s Coffee, Stumptown, Dr. Pepper, and many other companies is in the midst of a public reckoning […]
- Owner Of Krispy Kreme And Panera Bread Acknowledge Nazi Past March 26, 2019NEW YORK (CBSNEWS.COM) – The German family that holds majority stakes in food brands including Einstein Bros. Bagels, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Paner […]
- Put those mushy bananas on your counter to good use with this healthy banana bread recipe March 26, 2019“When I bake banana bread, I lose all control. Just knowing that a loaf is sitting on the kitchen counter will make me come back for just one more sli […]
- Whole grain sourdough bread made easy March 26, 2019For years, I had a simple weekend routine for baking whole wheat bread. Every Friday morning, I dutifully fed a starter, which would be used instead o […]