Serve this hearty salad of chickpeas, vegan mozzarella, and zucchini on its own as a first course preceding a lighter pasta dinner (see some tempting possibilities in Pasta on the Lighter Side). If you’re a basil fan, use as much as you’d like. If not, substitute another herb, like parsley.
Continuing reading Chickpea Salad with Zucchini, Vegan Mozzarella, and Basil on VegKitchen
- Tomato basil avocado toast April 19, 20191. Toast the bread until brown and crisp. 2. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. 3. Add salt and pepper, then […]
- Gardening: Fresh-grown basil a showstopper in recipes April 18, 2019My favorite herb is basil, but I only use it when fresh, so it’s a staple in my garden. In fall, I process it in a blender with olive oil and freeze i […]
- Levittown Restaurant Inspections: Red Lobster, Basil Asian April 18, 2019The Bucks County Department of Health inspected 18 Levittown area establishments over the past week. (Image via Shutterstock) LEVITTOWN, PA — The Buck […]
- Gelotti chef wins Gelato Festival America with Blueberry Basil flavor April 17, 2019CALDWELL – Mike Guerriero, owner and head chef of Gelotti Montclair and Gelotti Caldwell, won first place for his Blueberry Basil flavor at the Gelato […]
- Side Dish: Recipe for Salmon with Basil Pesto April 17, 20191. Heat oven to 400 F. Spray shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Place salmon in pan. Brush with lemon juice and oil. Sprinkle with seasoned salt a […]